Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Joan falls into the water!

Bi Ciuin

PI Member
Happy new year all, just caught up with this story, made me laugh!

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]Pictures: the moment Joan Burton fell out of a boat in Kilkenny floods[/font]

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]
?width=630&version=2526090.jpg
[/font]

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]http://www.thejournal.ie/joan-floods-kilkenny-2525933-Dec2015/?utm_source=shortlink[/font]

BURNOUT

PI Member
...it's the bestest Christmas ever....

Ren84

PI Member
Pretty much sums up Labour itself....sinking fast. :D

ergo2

PI Member
Two adults in a light canoe suitable only for children with experience of canoes.

No lifejackets nor helmets

I hope Labour did not pay too much to whoever organised this photo-op

Ren84

PI Member
ergo2 said:
Two adults in a light canoe suitable only for children with experience of canoes.

No lifejackets nor helmets

I hope Labour did not pay too much to whoever organised this photo-op
FG weren't much better when they wheeled out Enda to walk along rows of sandbags to reach flood victims and touring the devastated areas on the back of a trailer. There was no need for the Taoiseach, or any govt Minister to be out meeting people as part of a photo op. Let the emergency services deal with this situation and keep Enda and Co out of their way.

ergo2

PI Member
Ren84 said:
FG weren't much better when they wheeled out Enda to walk along rows of sandbags to reach flood victims and touring the devastated areas on the back of a trailer. There was no need for the Taoiseach, or any govt Minister to be out meeting people as part of a photo op. Let the emergency services deal with this situation and keep Enda and Co out of their way.
I think the main political leaders, including Taoiseach should visit main areas affliicted.   Good for morale of those affected and the volunteers and other services working on flood relief.

However they also do need to work at HQ on immediate relief measures and also longterm planning to avoid further flood damage

Finished Symphony

PI Member
This is funny for many people and anyone can see why.... and yet I have almost given up on joining in the fun, but not really in this case. Look further on the international stage. A few famous and (more importantly)  seriously wealthy people making a bit of a fool of themselves from time to time. The joke is really  on us in a way. These people with their spectacular wealth and power, they are like Gods in a way compared to most of us. A bit like the peasants laughing at their king, their true God. Seriously these people have more success than 99% of the mockers out there and we have this strange relationship of contempt and awe of the social dominance hierarchy.

ergo2

PI Member
Finished Symphony said:
This is funny for many people and anyone can see why.... and yet I have almost given up on joining in the fun, but not really in this case. Look further on the international stage. A few famous and (more importantly)  seriously wealthy people making a bit of a fool of themselves from time to time. The joke is really  on us in a way. These people with their spectacular wealthy and power, they are like Gods in a way compared to most of us. A bit like the peasants laughing at their king, their true God. Seriously these people have more success than 99% of the mockers out there and we have this strange relationship of contempt and awe of the social dominance hierarchy.
How does this relate to Joan's mishap?

PETRE

PI Member
Bi Ciuin said:
Happy new year all, just caught up with this story, made me laugh!

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]Pictures: the moment Joan Burton fell out of a boat in Kilkenny floods[/font]

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]
?width=630&version=2526090.jpg
[/font]

[font=Georgia, Verdana, Arial]http://www.thejournal.ie/joan-floods-kilkenny-2525933-Dec2015/?utm_source=shortlink[/font]
BURNOUT said:
...it's the bestest Christmas ever....
Ren84 said:
Pretty much sums up Labour itself....sinking fast. :D
Very unfortunate for Joan, I hope she didn't hurt herself.  I think the woman deserves full credit for getting out there and trying to help people.

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
Cant stand her, couldnt stop laughing when i seen this.

Top Bottom