Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Joan Burton survives no confidence motion

Madam

PI Member
This went under the radar, I suppose most people just want the election.

Joan however survived a no confidence motion tonight, she must be delighted.

[font='Open Sans', open-sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial]Tánaiste Joan Burton has defended her record as minister after the Independent Alliance moved a no-confidence motion debate in the Dáil following her appointment of David Begg to the Pensions Authority.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', open-sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial]The Independent Alliance said the Labour leader's decision to give the ex-trade unionist a State job is a "return to Celtic tiger cronyism".[/font]
[font='Open Sans', open-sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial]Ms Burton, who is also Minister for Social Protection, offered Mr Begg the role of chair of the Pensions Authority two weeks ago.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', open-sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial]http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/2016/0119/761228-election-tanaiste-no-confidence-motion/[/font]

BURNOUT

PI Member
You can see it is going to be a very tough fought election this time around. It will be much more bloody as there is so much more at stake than the 3 party trick. It will be a dirty campaign. Let the games begin.

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
She was never going to lose tbh, but it is all rather embarrassing.

I think Joan will be the biggest scalp at this election, I predict she will lose her seat.

BURNOUT

PI Member
Joanie wo'nt be the only high salaried and pensioned face to go imo...

Flamer

PI Member
BURNOUT said:
Joanie wo'nt be the only high salaried and pensioned face to go imo...
Who else do you think Burnout?

Whats your predictions?

ergo2

PI Member
She was never going to lose the MONC vote, but thet fact that she did not go thru' the process laid down for other appointments will cost her some votes at GE

Quantum

PI Member
As others have stated, she will be a huge casualty in the election.

Top Bottom