Jean Claude Drunker - "EU would NOT accept Poland & Hungary if they applied today"

missy

PI Member
Threads
???? anything at all to explain why you think this or to back this up?

What exactly do you think the vast majority of Europeans agree and disagree with?
Look at the huge swing to the right & far-right throughout Europe.
Look at the fact that Macron admits that France would vote to leave the EU if given a similar chance like the UK.
The elite know they are ruling against the best interests of their citizens.
And the citizens know this too.

jpc

PI Member
Threads
The only competence the EU should have is as a trading bloc.
Internationally and within the bloc.
Nothing else.

Threads
Look at the huge swing to the right & far-right throughout Europe.
Look at the fact that Macron admits that France would vote to leave the EU if given a similar chance like the UK.
The elite know they are ruling against the best interests of their citizens.
And the citizens know this too.

The thing is, and I preface it by stating that I've been resident in Poland for four years and I travel to Budapest for work reasons quite regularly, the options of both the Hungarian and Polish population as regards the EU is not represented by the governments of those countries. It is a case of the elites ruling against the interests and opinions of the people, but it"s the Hungarian and Polish elites that are anti-EU, not the populations.

Macron can very safely speak about hypotheticals and "what ifs", it's safe and it costs nothing to do.

As for the "huge swing", that swing is not as permanent or big as people like to paint it. Look at Sweden. The swing to the right has not been as massive as expected.

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Yes Lol upside

They couldn't fix Greece so the Home Counties Boyz Voted Brex, now ya haven't enough in yer Budget to keep the Show on the Road.

Any update of how ya can't get my deelishy Brexy shank outta yer Back? Middle Finger

Dan72

PI Member
Threads
Yes Lol upside

They couldn't fix Greece so the Home Counties Boyz Voted Brex, now ya haven't enough in yer Budget to keep the Show on the Road.

Any update of how ya can't get my deelishy Brexy shank outta yer Back? Middle Finger
The UK is not in the Eurozone

So any update when the Eurozone is breaking up?

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
The thing is, and I preface it by stating that I've been resident in Poland for four years and I travel to Budapest for work reasons quite regularly, the options of both the Hungarian and Polish population as regards the EU is not represented by the governments of those countries. It is a case of the elites ruling against the interests and opinions of the people, but it"s the Hungarian and Polish elites that are anti-EU, not the populations.

Macron can very safely speak about hypotheticals and "what ifs", it's safe and it costs nothing to do.

As for the "huge swing", that swing is not as permanent or big as people like to paint it. Look at Sweden. The swing to the right has not been as massive as expected.
Jabberwocky.

The more Politicians bash the EU in Poland & Hungary, the higher their Vote. :D

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
The UK is not in the Eurozone

So any update when the Eurozone is breaking up?
On here everyday & the lessening of UK money in the EU will stress the EZ more. :D

Threads
Which is why it's not working and going to collapse.
The EU buys loyalty.
That's not working in this instance.
When the UKs contribution disappearing that buying will get more difficult.
Which is why they want more Eastern European countries to join. The Romanians have been a nightmare, there are also gangs of professional Roma beggars all over Europe and now they want to add other crap hole countries with nothing to offer Europe but more mouths to feed. The EU parliament is like a spiders web that snares everything that goes into it's web, cocooning them and eventually consuming the member states. What we are facing is a Europe controlled by a France and Germany at the expense of all other EU members. Of course Poles are pro EU, they are much better off financially living and working in other European countries than they ever would have been back in Poland. At least the Poles are usually hard working people who integrate well and have similar values to Irish people.

Dan72

PI Member
Threads
On here everyday & the lessening of UK money in the EU will stress the EZ more. :D
You really do live in your own world.

I suppose over 40,000 posts on various forums, mostly talking to yourself will do that.

There is a whole wide world out there that is not what some loopers on Twitter or the Daily Express are telling you, and you're missing out.

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Stop obsessing with me- get a girlfriend & a Job....

Threads
Jabberwocky.

The more Politicians bash the EU in Poland & Hungary, the higher their Vote. :D
I guess you haven’t spent much time in Poland and Hungary.

In Poland, especially, PiS’s “reforms” of the justice system has done them a lot of damage. The majority of the population, when polled, state a strong desire to remain in the EU.

EU-bashing is popular with the ultra-nationalists, who are themselves very conflicted, as they claim to be anti-German, anti-Russian but also anti-democratic. In other words, they’re confused bunnies.

You’ll find it very hard to one across a Polish person in full time private employment who isn’t very aware of the connecting between membership of the EU and a Poland where quality of life is climbing and the country is approaching full employment.

Top Bottom