James McClean abused for not wearing Poppy

Threads
Makes me sick to see our Taoiseach wearing his "Sham-Poppy-rock" in the Dail, is it not a breach of parliamentary rules to wear such things in the houses of the Oireachtas?
I''m surprised our Queen hasn't a matching pair of poppy-socks in his famous sock collection. Leinster House is full of west-Brit gick merchants anyway who are more at home with the poppy than the lily.

Ted

PI Member
Threads
The poppy culture is another means to glorify war by perpetuating the myths of sacrifice and honour that nations need if they are to fill the ranks in time of war. It's not about giving a fig for the dead soldiers.

The Brits have successfully entangled religion and patriotism with their military machine to ensure a ready supply of cannon fodder when the need arises.

And Ireland is steadily following suit, with even some Catholic bishops now being conned into promulgating the glory of war.

Threads
Are you suggesting that people can’t have free choice to wear what they want.

Stults like you should fhuurke off back to 1920s ,this is 2018 bub, time you realized that the caveman worn out schidt you pump out is dated, man.

Copy ourself on ,buddy.
On the other hand you should not be trying to force people to wear any emblem their will. Maybe you need to cop on, buddy.

Threads
I think its perfectly fine for him to not wear the poppy,
He should have just announced that he is taking a weeks unpaid leave from football.
Problem sorted.
Why, never pander to fascists. Maybe now other players who were previously cowed will grow a pair and also refuse to wear the poppy.

Threads
I don’t get that clip at all.
It is too vague to know what is actually happening.

Pope burning celebrations in Briton?
Where?
If they are burning effigies of anti pope Francis 1st they are to praised.
(I say this as a practising Irish Catholic.)

The poppy only honors the dead mainly of the two world wars amongst whom were many Irish Catholics.

Maybe you should get out a bit more and see how the world has changed a lot in the 102 years since 1916.?
In the past perhaps so, the poppy nowadays is to honour all British war dead from all conflicts in which they were involved.

Threads
It is entirely people's choice if they wear a poppy.

I am no fan of the fucking queen and patriotism, I see it as no more than a calling card to go to fight some rich wanker's war. Any kunt showing subservience to any flag hoisted by an elite is a mug, regardless of which country the flag purports to represent.

The awful barbarity and death toll of WW1 is incomprehensible. Almost every family in England lost a male. Personally, I give £1 every year. I don't wear the poppy. I hope my donation is spent on some poor fucker who has had his limbs blown off during unnecessary forays on behalf of puppets like fucking Blair and Bush. Yes, if some fucker goes in the armed services there is an inevitability they will end up in a war zone, but many of the NCO's have come from a dysfunctional background and join to bring a sense of order and stability to their lives.
The last part of your post is true, it also true to say they bring disruption, instability, fear and death into the lives of the unfortunate innocents in whatever land they happen be bombing the shit out of.
It is entirely people's choice if they wear a poppy.

I am no fan of the fucking queen and patriotism, I see it as no more than a calling card to go to fight some rich wanker's war. Any kunt showing subservience to any flag hoisted by an elite is a mug, regardless of which country the flag purports to represent.

The awful barbarity and death toll of WW1 is incomprehensible. Almost every family in England lost a male. Personally, I give £1 every year. I don't wear the poppy. I hope my donation is spent on some poor fucker who has had his limbs blown off during unnecessary forays on behalf of puppets like fucking Blair and Bush. Yes, if some fucker goes in the armed services there is an inevitability they will end up in a war zone, but many of the NCO's have come from a dysfunctional background and join to bring a sense of order and stability to their lives.

Threads
He has no problem taking money from English people but has a problem with English customs.

Well then, piss off back to Ireland and apply your trade in the FAI league if taking part in English customs is too much for you.
Wow, that post is stupid beyond belief.

Top Bottom