Hot Islam

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
I'm not sure where to start this thread, but this seems good enough?

I thought it would be good to have a place to have a general discussion about Islam, beyond its specific conditional effects.

This woman should be a saint.

I spent some time in Istanbul in the Blue Mosque in the late evening and was quite taken by the mood and atmosphere there, with people of all ages/gender coming into pray. Plenty of people in conversation. Have also visited in Mosques in Morocco and the same peaceful environment was evident.

There are plenty of positive aspects to Islam, and they become more apparent given the increasing decadence of the West. More respect for themselves, their families and the still not complete surrender to liberalism and the indulgence of the self. It does seem to reach the spiritual side of the human condition. It also seems to foster a more cohesive drive amongst it's adherents. I am always bemused when i see the random open air praying of groups of Muslims in western countries. Obviously they wish to reflect their growing presence and to wind up the natives, but could you get 3-400 Christians to pray in the shadow of Mecca? Well the Muslims wouldn't let you, of course, but you wouldn't find 3-400 Christians to do it. You find it tough to find 3-400 Christians to pray in a western country. Islam still retains its ability to have people to believe in something, Western people have lost that ability.

I would draw the line with Islam's creep into Europe. It's fine in the Middle East if that's what they like over there, and it makes those countries so cool to visit. Multi-culturalism is when there are different cultures in different place, otherwise we have a mono-cultural nothingburger. Europe has many just as valuable and attractive things going for it. Those things are worth defending.

OP
OP
Ire-land

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Could you make a defense of the concept of a free and open society. I'm not convinced it's a good thing. Look at Europe today.
Other than the fact that we can all discuss these concepts openly, definitively, I'm not sure.

The free and open society I referred to gets spit on every day, based on the very freedom it provides to do the spitting.

OP
OP
Ire-land

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account

One of the 100 most influential people in the world 11 years ago.

Who's heard of her since?!

Why would you draw the line if there's nothing to worry about?
The problem is that migrants are coming into Europe full stop. Would it be OK if there were millions of Hindus or Buddhist pouring in? Either Europe is for European people or its not. The fortunate thing for Nationalists is that alot of these Muslim guys are vociferous and are being quite foolish in how they act. They give the Nationalists ammunition. Imagine Islam was spot on and lovely? what then would be the reason for not wanting millions of middle eastern and African surplus population setting up here? Do i care if Islam are beheading people in Saudi, or that they make women wear binbags? Nope. They can do that shit over there if they want. Its when they come here thinking they will make it Islamabad 2.0 that the problem arise. Your field, my field.

Perhaps a thread on why Western People have got to be so gullible to let a demographically strident ideology in? Not what's wrong with them, what's wrong with us.

Top Bottom