Is this the future of Western Political discourse?

I have befriended a Russian girl who is studying here and who is incredibly critical of the West. A lot of her criticisms are valid but many are not, however in terms of the contemporary Western world we find ourselves she is nearly always correct even if she goes too far sometimes. In a conversation today she said that serious Western political discourse is now "Social Justice Warrior" types versus Jordan Peterson types versus Alt Right types- and this is likely to become more and not less entrenched. I find this nightmarish but at the same time rational. What do others think?

I have befriended a Russian girl who is studying here and who is incredibly critical of the West. A lot of her criticisms are valid but many are not, however in terms of the contemporary Western world we find ourselves she is nearly always correct even if she goes too far sometimes. In a conversation today she said that serious Western political discourse is now "Social Justice Warrior" types versus Jordan Peterson types versus Alt Right types- and this is likely to become more and not less entrenched. I find this nightmarish but at the same time rational. What do others think?
You mean sane ("JP types") versus fringe lunatics?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

I can't remember the last time I heard a serious discussion in the English language mainstream media. You only get serious discussion on the likes of Politicalirish.com - and even here we are beset with trolls who try to derail everything.

Russians were serfs up until the 1860s. A little over a half century later they became communists.

A Russian analysis of the West is inevitably going to be filtered through a very warped lens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
Russian's were serfs up until the 1860s. A little over a half century later they became communists.

A Russian analysis of the West is inevitably going to be filtered through a very warped lens.
Serfhood on a mass scale only really began under Peter the Snake or the Great depending on your point of view.

In Ireland we just have cuckservatives, Shinners, heretical priests, feminists and Trots. Boomer professional do gooder Fergus Finlay called Milo Yiannopoulos a Nazi on state television. That's the level of debate in Ireland.

Serfhood on a mass scale only really began under Peter the Snake or the Great depending on your point of view.
It still shaped the Russian psyche.

it was the Mongolians who left a permanent mark on Russian society.
Russian feudalism was of an Asiatic character.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Take serious as what counts as serious. Anyway you to your credit are firmly outside of all three groups.

I'd call a serious discussion one that takes all relevant factors into account. Homelessness is a very serious issue. It has often been discussed in the free state media. But, it has never been discussed seriously, as the discussions never mention the property and class relations that create homelessness, and they have never discussed the effect that flooding Ireland with a million migrants in less than fifteen years has had on homelessness. In short, media discussions of homelessness in Ireland are a cartoon parody.