Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Is there anywhere to escape cultural marxism

• Thread starter gaelstree
  • Start date
  • Replies 153
  • Views 2K

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I'm merely pointing out that aggressive alpha male types are more likely to thrive and survive in the "law of the jungle" context which you seem to lionise.

Indeed, if anyone wants to see a law of the jungle society in action, all they have to do is go to Somalia or present day Libya.

genememe

DEPORTED
You'll find that Marxist régimes are the toughest on drug dealing.
I think the whole lot should be legalised.
I've made my position clear in the past, so that's no surprise.

Nor is your position a surprise.

What is a surprise is someone who champions rugged individualism and "the law of the jungle" supporting state drug prohibition.

You're a sickly milksop who wouldn't survive outside without air conditioned offices and well stocked supermarkets.
my predecessors survived An Gorta Mór. Part of the survival strategy probably involved not randomly giving offence to people you barely know. Did your predecessors shout insults at the irish through the slit windows on a Norman tower ? sounds rather cowardly.

We dont bother much with air conditioning in ireland, you should visit us sometime.

genememe

DEPORTED
my predecessors survived An Gorta Mór. Part of the survival strategy probably involved not randomly giving offence to people you barely know. Did your predecessors shout insults at the irish through the slit windows on a Norman tower ? sounds rather cowardly.

We dont bother much with air conditioning in ireland, you should visit us sometime.
Were your predecessors partial to the odd bowl of broth?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to harp on about the Amish example, but you've hit the nail on the head there. In Capitalism, those Amish who are profitably breeding dogs would be able to completely restructure all of Amish life for the purposes of dog breeding. They would also be able to bring in non-Amish labour. And then they would demand that Amish customs and religious laws be kept private and out of the public domain in case it might upset their Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, etc. labour. In short, profitable dog breeding would be more important than being Amish.

For that reason, I'd question your assertion that Capitalism has ever worked anywhere. If the only purpose is profit, then it often has worked in various places. But at what price?
The amish example is interesting regards how they are able to exist within the USA and keep from self imploding, like a country could work within a globalist capitalist system and not be undermined by interacting with it where it suits. Obviously its not the same thing, and there's far more forces at work in the world that would seek to undermine any country that would, and the Amish are not a treat to the US system where a country would be to the global system.

The system we are under of late has seen a lot of real progress where a hundred years ago many a nation was in desperate poverty in the west, where at least a certain level of greed was reigned in, if this is a enigma within the cycle of capitalism, that's another question, but we are definitely not in the good times now. Could this have been sustained if we had kept older ideas of jubilee and reset alongside nationhood and economic nationalism, I would like to know but we didn't and the debt now is used to lock everyone in.

It seems inevitable that there is more and more a weight towards profit being the highest ideal the more connected these markets get and the less control we have over our borders, currency etc.. If your market is a few puppies to sell down the road or some strawberries off the side of the road, your not going to effect a lot. Is the march of technology leading or being led as a major factor, im not sure, but when GDP is the only metric that matters and countries are run as businesses little different to a corporations, then sure the arse will fall out of this system fairly quickly. But communism had its chance and im not seeing a lot of push in that direction, so what are you proposing ? As far as I can tell, we need a nationalist economic agenda to direct us in a way that we can insulate ourselves from the worst of it for starters.

Bustedshaun

Donator
PI Member
from Tourism-money i think you will find that the Amish are loaded. Like the founder of Ikea, they project a lifestyle of modesty, thriftiness and poverty....while their bank account is heaving from the weight of its countenance.
They certainly know how to charge for their furniture. Been to a few of those stores in Lancaster county. Plus I've dealt with dealt with quite a few shopfitting/ woodworking outfits in the North of England who all seem to be centred around some faith community. All established and doing well. Just remember one of them didn't allow radios in the company cars.....But I have seen some of the owner's houses......Southfork springs to mind.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
The amish example is interesting regards how they are able to exist within the USA and keep from self imploding, like a country could work within a globalist capitalist system and not be undermined by interacting with it where it suits. Obviously its not the same thing, and there's far more forces at work in the world that would seek to undermine any country that would, and the Amish are not a treat to the US system where a country would be to the global system.

The system we are under of late has seen a lot of real progress where a hundred years ago many a nation was in desperate poverty in the west, where at least a certain level of greed was reigned in, if this is a enigma within the cycle of capitalism, that's another question, but we are definitely not in the good times now. Could this have been sustained if we had kept older ideas of jubilee and reset alongside nationhood and economic nationalism, I would like to know but we didn't and the debt now is used to lock everyone in.

It seems inevitable that there is more and more a weight towards profit being the highest ideal the more connected these markets get and the less control we have over our borders, currency etc.. If your market is a few puppies to sell down the road or some strawberries off the side of the road, your not going to effect a lot. Is the march of technology leading or being led as a major factor, im not sure, but when GDP is the only metric that matters and countries are run as businesses little different to a corporations, then sure the arse will fall out of this system fairly quickly. But communism had its chance and im not seeing a lot of push in that direction, so what are you proposing ? As far as I can tell, we need a nationalist economic agenda to direct us in a way that we can insulate ourselves from the worst of it for starters.

Actaully, I think the Amish give us a pretty good model in many respects. It's a kind of Theocratic Communism. Of course, if we look at the Christian monasteries, they are pure Theocratic Communism. This is the model I prefer. But, you couldn't impose that from the top down. It will probably require a greater % of the population lifting themselves onto a higher spiritual plain than is common today.

Actaully, I think the Amish give us a pretty good model in many respects. It's a kind of Theocratic Communism. Of course, if we look at the Christian monasteries, they are pure Theocratic Communism. This is the model I prefer. But, you couldn't impose that from the top down. It will probably require a greater % of the population lifting themselves onto a higher spiritual plain than is common today.
some would applaud the Vikings for relieving the misers of their ill gotten gains from brainwashing the populace, censoring all freedoms of speech or scientific enquiry, paedophilia, gluttony, propping up violent kings and general lack of playing by the rules.

Last edited:

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
This whole Dudebro Libertarianism espoused by basement dwelling American males with its "non aggression principle", and the principle of "pure Capitalism" ends at the doors of their basements.

It's not only a fairytale principle unworkable in the real world, but it's also not a view shared by those with the actual power and wealth.

Billionaire tycoon plutocats and the immense corporations they run often with larger incomes than entire nations couldn't care less about any ideological hang ups about "pure Capitalism".

They couldn't care less if they gain their wealth and power through private enterprise or through government handouts. It's about keeping wealth and power at any cost.

And laughing my hole off when these basement dwelling Libertarian nerds talk about the Darwinian jungle. They'd be the first to perish with the breakdown of civilisation. They couldn't dig a garden of vegetables to feed themselves, let alone come out on top in some apocalyptic post-civilisation Darwinian race to the bottom

Top Bottom