Is Politics so broken its best to join them than fight them?

TheKing

King of Fine Gael
Donator
Premium Account
I was briefly involved with a discussion over on P.ie this morning where a thread has been started asking where all the posters have gone. Is P.ie losing P.iesters?

In a discussion I was having with a poster called ruserious I started a conversation that I actually had to think about myself.

Is the political system in Ireland and even the world so broken that its not worth fighting them anymore?

For instance we are all on political sites such as this to discuss politics and the future of our society, but do we ever change anything?

Our government only has 25% popular support and yet they can govern this country for the next 5 years and continue to make decisions that are unpopular and not supported. When the people try to vote them out they attempts are futile as the government can continue to govern with three qtrs of the population not voting for them!

Its not just, for instance;

As Sister has said previously, for years she has tried to beat the system, many have. You cant beat it and you wont be allowed to beat it. Why flog a dead horse when you can be riding the horse?

As they say, if you cant beat them then join them.
You are correct, I used the Lisbon referendum as a clear example. People voted with their hearts and voted No, the government and Europe didn't like that and forced a re-vote, this time using blackmail. The sheep fell into line.

When France and the Netherlands voted No to Nice, the EU and their respective governments didn't even bother with forcing another referendum, they simply changed the treaty to Lisbon and didn't give their people another vote!

What did their people do? Nothing!
Who needs a backbone when you can ride on the backs of the sheep?

Its sounds harsh, but we all know its true.
For years people have tried to beat the system but for years people have failed. Are we as a society flogging that dead horse in the belief we can beat them, win at all costs or is it just an illusion?

Even an armed uprising would be met with hard force, the Irish constitution born out of rebellion has made it illegal for any such rebellion to happen again.

Democracy is an illusion, and the people appear to be happy with that illusion or they are happy pretending to fight it online.

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
There is widespread disillusionment within the Parties here.

The Pinko Left have turned previously Patriotic Parties into campaigning machines for Cross Dresser Adoption, Population Replacement / Deathversity & obeisance to the Goldman Sachs / EU Vulture Fund.

I've an upcoming Thread;- "Homo Fein, Homo Fail, Homo Gael & Gaybour- how 1 Movement pretends to be 4 different Political Parties".

Let's hope Brexit forces a recalibration within the Main Parties here as Euroskeptism grows vigorously both inside & outside of the Body Politic.

Joining or trying to join the current elite in actual control or at least administering actual control for their masters in Brussels, Washington and Tel Aviv is out of the question for me because I believe that severe punishments exist after death for such people given their carry on.

Honestly though I am incredibly pessimistic; powerful people in the ROI who are supposed to be "West Brits" seem hell bent on making the same mistakes here that led the UK into the massive mess in so many ways it finds itself now.

Last edited:
R

Reality strikes

Non Registered Member
Of course, there just be no life after death and you have just wasted what time you have in the hope that one day your sacrifice will be rewarded.

We have to face the reality that we are humans living in this world.We talk about them and us but really it is only us.It is the world financial system that divides and rules us.The elite so called are only that because of money.What we have is cashocracy not democracy.It is basically a watered down democracy.If someone wants to start up a new political party they are told they have to pay a fee,deposit if they want put forward a candidate.Of course most people cant afford to pay for candidates throughout their country,so they are beaten before they start.I don't think much will change as long as money rules.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Well whatever about after death, we must do the best we can here before death. Nothing will change as long as these systems can borrow or print money to give to the stupid/lazy. Once the music stops, it will be like the cards being tossed in the air and a scramble by the strongest to grab for the best hand.
It is difficult to set up a decent alternative party in the meantime. In the meantime, a practice endeavour would be to organize a group, form a cooperative and set up a LETS. A group of people who believed in justice and free enterprise could set a great example.

If we ask the question who owns the world?What answers might we got?Some would say the super rich,the oligarchs.Others would say no one owns the world even the rich and powerful die.People are born into systems of government, some brutal dictatorships others in cash based democracies.Ideas of anarchy are interesting,but I think people naturally form leader led groups with rules and penalties for breaking these rules or laws.What.rules people is the invention of money.

Top Bottom