Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Is love the strongest thing there is?

Karloff

PI Member
What other force can make you happily willingly sacrifice or obliterate yourself for another?

What other force can persist beyond the death of the object of your love? Love can literally turn a human into a superhero.

“I had always thought that life was the actual thing, the natural thing, and that death was simply the end of living. Now, in this lifeless place, I saw with a terrible clarity that death was the constant, death was the base, and life was only a short, frgile dream. I was dead already. I had been born death, and what I thought was my life was just a game death let me play as it waited to take me. . .
Death has an opposite, but the opposite is not mere living. It is not courage or faith or human will. The opposite of death is love. How had I missed that? How does anyone miss that? Love is our only weapon. Only love can turn mere life into a miracle, and draw precious meaning from suffering and fear. For a brief, magical moment, all my fears lifted, and I knew that I would not let death control me. I would walk through the godforsaken country that separated me from my home with love and hope in my heart. I wouuld walk until I had walked all the life out of me, and when I fell I would die that much closer to my father.”
― Nando Parrado, Miracle in the Andes

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Love for God, Country and Family is the most meaningful and powerful force in the universe.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
What other force can make you happily willingly sacrifice or obliterate yourself for another?

What other force can persist beyond the death of the object of your love? Love can literally turn a human into a superhero.

The Nationalist Movement in Ireland has to be about love. Otherwise we'll rapidly degenerate into something ugly and vicious.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame."

Helen Back

Donator
PI Member

Yes, it's indestructible.

The Field Marshal

PI Member

IMV the motivating power of Prados statement was not love but catholic faith.

[Indeed without that faith it would have been difficult to eat your dead friends frozen backside]

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
IMV the motivating power of Prados statement was not love but catholic faith.

[Indeed without that faith it would have been difficult to eat your dead friends frozen backside]
"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing."- 1 Corinthians 13:2.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Is love the strongest thing there is?

No it's carbon nanotubes I think! :ROFLMAO:

Love is just a passing inbuilt delusionary flu you get occasionally. Y'know, nature's way of overcoming the huge barriers between us and tricking us into reproducing. Otherwise humans would have died out long ago. As you get older you see it for what it is. A well baited trap!

Top Bottom