Is It Now OK To Demonise Russians?

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
According to Rachel Maddow it seems so.

On her 'show' (read Western propaganda vehicle) the other night she actually listed the names of 22 Russian bankers who were due to go to the Davos summit:

She went on to imply that Trump was due to meet with these scheming Russian bankers at the Davos Forum, the implication I presume being that Trump was on their payroll.

I wonder how long it would take her MSNBC bosses to fire her were she to put up a list of 22 Jewish bankers and imply they were nefarious puppet masters...

No such problems for targeting Russians though...

According to Rachel Maddow it seems so.

On her 'show' (read Western propaganda vehicle) the other night she actually listed the names of 22 Russian bankers who were due to go to the Davos summit:

She went on to imply that Trump was due to meet with these scheming Russian bankers at the Davos Forum, the implication I presume being that Trump was on their payroll.

I wonder how long it would take her MSNBC bosses to fire her were she to put up a list of 22 Jewish bankers and imply they were nefarious puppet masters...

No such problems for targeting Russians though...

When Sarah Palin said in 2012 that Russia was the Number 1 threat to the U.S, the left and the media called her a Cold War relic.
In fact almost all those who attacked her are now saying the same thing she said.
I think Palin was wrong by the way, but these media-heads (who are supposed to report the news and be impartial) are fucking idiots.
Let them go on. They will ensure Trump 2020.

And you're right.
If this was Fox and they named Mexican bankers or African businessmen with the same vindictive tone, they'd be gone.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The public part of Davos this year was certainly a non-event, but I suppose it's what goes on in the backrooms that's really important.

I have always found Russia and Russians fascinating, though so near close to us culturally and Spiritually and yet so different at the same time (that isn't a value judgement, do we really want all peoples to be the same?). I'm friends with a Russian girl who is studying here and she reports to me that "Young Student"/Olli types often are incredibly rude to her once they discover that she is Russian or else subject her to aggressive questioning which is problematic for her because she doesn't like lying but at the same time doesn't want them to know how she sees things. There is a deep hatred on the part of the Ruling Elites towards Russia in particular which goes beyond merely pragmatic stuff.

Thecageyone

Political Irish
Russia needs to rid itself of war mongers like Putin, the sooner they adopt true capitalism and democracy the better it will be for them.

Russia needs to rid itself of war mongers like Putin, the sooner they adopt true capitalism and democracy the better it will be for them.
Putin may be things but a war monger is not one of them. "True Capitalism"? What is that exactly? The Russian experiment with Libertarian economics in the 1990s was even more of a disaster if that can be imagined the Irish experiment with it in the 1920s.