Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Is Irish Democracy an illusion?

Anderson

Premium
PI Member
4 By-Elections and those elected done so with less than 35% of the vote.

Padraig O'Sullivan - Fianna Fail, won Cork North-Central with just 27.96% of the vote
Joe O'Brien - Greens, won Dublin Fingal with just 22.89% of the vote.
Mark Ward - Sinn Fein, won Dublin mid west with just 24.03% of the vote.
Malcolm Byrne - Fianna Fail, won Wexford with just 31.21% of the vote.

This is not democracy, these people do not represent their constituency in any meaningful way, how can someone with no support of the majority be allowed to determine the future for the majority?

No wonder Ireland is in such a dark place, we have no meaningful voice, no meaningful say.

If these results were a referendum they would be a loss, but for a TD this is a huge win!

We are led by a party that only won 36.1% of the vote in 2016, This is not Democracy.

bells of shandon

PI Member
=When the FG/FF Regime plant illegal migrants in the villages and towns of Ireland without consulatation with the residents,that is Totalitarianism.
When RTE and print Media suppress the deleterious effects of Mass Migration,the criminality, violence ,the rapes, the spread of disease. the Housing crisis ,the homeless crisis ,the Health crisis, that is Totalitarian control
When RTE de=platform any voices that question the Mass Migration policy that is Totalitarianism.
When questions are asked,even in the Dail as to activities of criminal migrant fraudsters, the person is labelled racist or far right to demonise them. That is Totalitarianism
Ireland is ruled by a Fascist Regime, who are introducing Hate Speech Laws to prevent criticism of their criminal activities.
Democracy is dead in Ireland, it died from an apathetic,disinformed, cowardly populace.

Last edited:

page61

PI Member
Yes, we are been conned into believing we have a choice ..The government is a minority government..and look at how they are fuc***g up Ireland

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I was watching a Chinese businessman on You Tube and he said that in China the party cannot change but the policies can. In the West, the parties change but the policies can't. That's certainly true in Ireland. Since the Brits founded the Free State in 1921, the only policy here has been to drive up the value of land so as to enrich the landowners. To change that policy you'd not only have to exterminate the FFG, but the 26 county free state itself.

=When the FG/FF Regime plant illegal migrants in the villages and towns of Ireland without consulatation with the residents,that is Totalitarianism.
When RTE and print Media suppress the deleterious effects of Mass Migration,the criminality, violence ,the rapes, the spread of disease. the Housing crisis ,the homeless crisis ,the Health crisis, that is Totalitarian control
When RTE de=platform any voices that question the Mass Migration policy that is Totalitarianism.
When questions are asked,even in the Dail as to activities of criminal migrant fraudsters, the person is labelled racist or far right to demonise them. That is Totalitarianism
Ireland is ruled by a Fascist Regime, who are introducing Hate Speech Laws to prevent criticism of their criminal activities.
Democracy is dead in Ireland, it died from an apathetic,disinformed, cowardly populace.
I really like your posts, articulates my thoughts well. An exact mirror of my own views. Good there are like minded people out there, and I'm not the only 'crazy' one lol.

I've always being sceptical of allegations of vote rigging. Why would they do it if they don't have to ? Now though nothing would surprise me.
I thought the same, but the years have shown me that the ruling class in Ireland (and their lackies), just love keeping the Jack boot on the throats of the working class Irish.
They have taken over the role of the British in many ways. Utmost contempt they have for the general populace.
I first noticed this when I lived in limerick and answered the door to a tv licence thug. He put his foot in my front door at the time. Did he need to? No of course not, I had answered the door to him in a polite manner. Establishment thugs just love to abuse power and throw their weight around.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
I've always being sceptical of allegations of vote rigging. Why would they do it if they don't have to ? Now though nothing would surprise me.
Same here, it never crossed my mind but after the Abortion referendum I began to wonder. They don't need to rig across the board, just important seats here and there.

Milominderbender

PI Member
Same here, it never crossed my mind but after the Abortion referendum I began to wonder. They don't need to rig across the board, just important seats here and there.
I know someone who works in the count. The process that's used it seems unlikely that it could be tampered with. The boxes are opened and counted out in the open. I don't know why they stopped using the Gardai from transporting them. One thing I fear though is all this talk will have a demoralising effect on activists.

Last edited:

TheIrishRight

PI Member
I wouldn't be shocked to hear FF/FG agree to support each other tactically in order to maintain the status quo. A few upstarts getting elected can shift momentum towards reform, a thing they certainly fear.

Top Bottom