Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Is ireland owned by the booze companies ?

OP
F
Stupid rules from the Nanny State. This minimum pricing thing is having a go at those without much disposable income. The middle/upper-middleclass can still get as pissed as they like on their fancy liqueurs and vinos.

while i reserve the right for you and me to get drunk. I do take offence at my local street looking like Sodom & Gomorrah on a Friday evening.

and as for the Tuesday morning street drinkers ?

icancani

PI Member
and so some new Alcohol legislation has kicked in. Looks totally impotent and toothless to me. And unfit for purpose. Like an old drunken wino running up and down the pitch in the 'Guinness 6 Nations Rugby'. And anyway, what does Unionist protestant beer have to do with elite sports ?

Ireland, the heaviest drinkers in the World !

Is it something to do with 'energising' the spirit? BTW that old drunken wino looks like he swallowed half a yoke with his cider at breakfast?
There is something to be said of the Health benefits of having a well made drink, 2 freshly squeezed oranges with a dash of rum or fresh tomato juice and crunchy celery sticks with a jigger of vodka. I'll drink to your good health!
McGargles Ales? Beers | McGargles Irish Craft Beers | Kildare Crafted
They do one called "Francis, Big Bangin' IPA" which regardless of it's alcohol content is akin to a health tonic by virtue of its Hops content, it's almost a herbal beer, one actually feels healthier after consuming it vital nutrients.
Aim for health and quality over quantity.

OP
F
They do one called "Francis, Big Bangin' IPA" which regardless of it's alcohol content is akin to a health tonic by virtue of its Hops content, it's almost a herbal beer, one actually feels healthier after consuming it vital nutrients.
Aim for health and quality over quantity.

you know you have been well brainwashed when you focus upon all the 'goodness' that has been put into this bottle of booze.

such is the talk of an alkey. I should know, i am irish too !

Top Bottom