Is Iran undergoing Regime Change

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Lets get the ball rolling on another friendly thread. It would appear that demonstrations are beginning to grow and the internet is shut down.

This is likely to be a complicated situation and we shall see if anything develops. President Trump says he is keeping a close eye on the situation. It is hard to see military action taking place but who knows.As I said elsewhere, Trump is not afraid of taking action so anything could happen

New economic protests in Tehran challenge Iran's government

Militarily, the problem for any action against Iran is the sheer size of the country. This is why potential attackers tend to be quite careful. It is, in some respects, like the last days of the USSR with the religious politburo trying to cling to power. However, if there is no organisation behind the protests, they can be picked off individually.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
This site is ruined. We can't even discuss the main headline on the Drudge Report. Without this shitehawk trolling instantly

You are trolling. You know very well that there is no regime change in Iran or anything like that. Some people held a protect. That's it. There were probably thousands of protests in the USA this week.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Militarily, the problem for any action against Iran is the sheer size of the country. This is why potential attackers tend to be quite careful. It is, in some respects, like the last days of the USSR with the religious politburo trying to cling to power. However, if there is no organisation behind the protests, they can be picked off individually.

There's protests like this in Iran quite regularly, as Iran is generally a democratic country where it's legal to protest.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
You are trolling. You know very well that there is no regime change in Iran or anything like that. Some people held a protect. That's it. There were probably thousands of protests in the USA this week.
Can you just not go away, as maybe me and jmcc can discuss this in peace. You are a pest of the highest order.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Can you just not go away, as maybe me and jmcc can discuss this in peace. You are a pest of the highest order.

You can discuss what you want, nobody is stopping you. In fact, I haven't seen you discussing anything in a long time - it would make a change from your constant trolling.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
We saw how quickly power can evaporate as soon as the perceptions change. It happened when the wall came down, when the USSR fell, when Romania fell, and recently when Mugaby fell. One moment he was feared, the next he was an old man and the only question was whether to kill him or not.

Iran is more complicated as it is a huge country with many nationalities

The US could easily break this country apart with a show of force.

Trump is surely listening to hawks telling him that this is a golden oppurtunity to do something Reagan did not have the balls to do.

Looks to me like yet another colour revolution attempt in Iran (a la "green revolution"), taking advantage of gullible youth
who have taken to the streets with some valid grievances, against their government and greatly influenced by
relentless torrents of anti Iranian western propaganda on social media

No doubt the Albert Einstein institute and the National Endowment for Democracy
and all the usual suspects are pulling strings from the shadows.

Might be an idea to bone up on this stuff to understand how it all might unfold.
Good article and links on the subject here. Land Destroyer blog is a good source on the subject:

The Albert Einstein Institution: A Critical Examination of Elite Co-option of Civil Disobedience - Indymedia Ireland

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Looks to me like yet another colour revolution attempt in Iran (a la "green revolution"), taking advantage of gullible youth
who have taken to the streets with some valid grievances, against their government and greatly influenced by
relentless torrents of anti Iranian western propaganda on social media

No doubt the Albert Einstein institute and the National Endowment for Democracy
and all the usual suspects are pulling strings from the shadows.

Might be an idea to bone up on this stuff to understand how it all might unfold.
Good article and links on the subject here. Land Destroyer blog is a good source on the subject:

The Albert Einstein Institution: A Critical Examination of Elite Co-option of Civil Disobedience - Indymedia Ireland

I wouldn't even say it's that much. These are actually much smaller than the protests in the US against Trump.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account

According to Aljazeera, it is basically an economic problem. The people have a reasonable gripe. That is that the government should not be expending treasure on Syria, Hezbollah and Gaza etc but instead concentrate on their homeland. Instead inflation in foodstuffs is 40% over the past 6 months.

Perhaps the US has decided that the track under Obama was a drastic mistake and now Trump has decided otherwise, who knows. It seems that economic sanctions are beginning to bite.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account

I do not watch TV myself but this is Fox News.That is the report that conservative people are getting here. They willbe ery happy watching this.