Is Hasbara's use of poor and desperate students to spread propaganda a form of abuse?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Just looking at the frantic efforts of one Israeli student on this forum, trying so hard to earn his 2,000 dollars a year from Hasbara so he has a little extra to eat and can keep his room a little warmer with heating oil in the Tel Aviv cold, I'm just wondering if this use of student desperation is not, in fact, abuse?

I think it's particularly sad that students are being paid to dehumanize other people and to celebrate brute state force - even when it's used on babies and invalids in wheelchairs. This is dehumanizing for the students themselves and can only have a detrimental effect on them in later life. In effect, these Hasbara students are being trained to be professional haters. If you look at the Hasbara website below, it shows its student employees as happy and outgoing young people. But, anyone reading their comments on websites like this will quickly understand that they are anything but happy young people. Their soft young minds are being molded into murderous and genocidal hatred.

Of course, this brings up the question of why Israeli students are so poor and desperate in the first place - given the colossal amount of money the Israeli state is being given by Germany and the USA. Sadly, the money is not being put to any good use, but rather to carry out a Holocaust on the Palestinians. Meanwhile, Holocaust Survivors in Israel live in poverty - as do Israeli students.

Israel to pay students to defend it online

Hasbara Fellowships

...This is dehumanizing for the students themselves and can only have a detrimental effect on them in later life. In effect, these Hasbara students are being trained to be professional haters. If you look at the Hasbara website below, it shows its student employees as happy and outgoing young people. But, anyone reading their comments on websites like this will quickly understand that they are anything but happy young people. Their soft young minds are being molded into murderous and genocidal hatred...
I only hate Zionists and their Septic running dogs.

I hate every Zionist in every part of the world, regardless of their religion.

Take it or leave it. I hate all Zionists and 99.9999% of Septics. If I could press a button and rid the world of those two categories of worms, I'd do so without the slightest hesitation.

So you would just kill the jews that wanted Israel to exist?
Everyone who wants Zionism to succeed, not just in Isreal.

I would never have signed any peace accord with Zionists. The only good Zionist is a dead Zionist.

You got a taste of things to come on your "9/11." That was just the tenor clearing his throat...

I for one am certainly not "Hasbara". I just don't like what you say, or those who are like you in one or other manner. The only thing I "hate" is the willful misrepresentation, disortion and the intent of that misrepresentation and distortion, of you and you so called "anti-Zionist" cronies. Sometimes you just need to read between the lines. Other times you don't, the sentiment is made more than clear - as above.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Of course this was just an emotional response to Trump's outburst. Sad to say that Trump provoked this kind of response all over the world. But, I wasn't paid to feel that anger, and it soon dissolved when I listened to the saintly words of Rabbi Weiss, who reminded me that so many Jews are really the victims of Zionist fear and hate mongering and cannot be entirely blamed for supporting the Zionist colonial project. Sadly, our poor desperate Israeli students, even though they might be fortunate enough to hear the words of holy men like Rabbi Weiss and Rabbi Feldman, still must pump out the hate because they are hungry and cold and need that 2,000 dollars so badly.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I for one am certainly not "Hasbara". I just don't like what you say, or those who are like you in one or other manner. The only thing I "hate" is the willful misrepresentation, disortion and the intent of that misrepresentation and distortion, of you and you so called "anti-Zionist" cronies. Sometimes you just need to read between the lines. Other times you don't, the sentiment is made more than clear - as above.

I didn't think you were a poor, cold and hungry student in Tel Aviv.