Is Google Stadia the future of gaming?

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Seriously when I opened this thread and read the OP I literally cursed out loud. You open a thread moaning about how none of the marriages you know are patriarchal enough for your tastes and than post this nonsense which would only barely acceptable for teenaged boy. What age are you and you an XBox and yet claim to be some upright nationalist type, and even if I a remember correctly a Christian? And you think it is acceptable for an adult male to waste hours at time on hypnotic infantilism? No woman worth her salt would marry trash who play with Xboxs as an adult, and particularly not one who was looking for a "truly traditional" patriarch. This is the problem with men such as yourself- you want all honours of patriarchy but none of the duties. You have not even bothered to take on the duty of fully embracing adulthood.
i had the same from people when i bought my xbox. people seem to hate it. but i find it fun and relaxing. i use to drink but now dont drink 4/5 months a year. i play the xbox instead to unwhind. i only paly 1/2 to a hour at a time. not every day. i didn't expect that! its fun!

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Reality is that most people using this thing, if they do, will be at a reduced resolution, 4k isnt worth a fuck if your game textures of the game or tv cant distinguish anyway, let alone bandwidth and so actual data sent will be very dependent on a lot of things.

One of many questions is data centres, as obviously if the console/pc isn't there to generate the graphics/game on your end, its being done on the server itself, so lots of new hardware to be built.

And here i thought we were trying to save the planet, not add more electricity costs and increase our carbon footprints, but thats with tazes on the plebs are for.

Say hello to more carbon taxes and higher esb bills to pay to subsidise these companies.

No different to the EU and their lack of belief in their AGW bullshit or they don't care, as they try to import more and more from further and further away if it benefits them economically or politically. This is just increasing the complexity of the systems we are driving, and the impact once you go past certain thresholds, costs get exponential. The tards using this will think they are saving the planet as they are only using an ipad/tv now instead of a console, as the data centre is outside their home, and so can lead themselves to think they are actually saving the planet.

Another thing, this ain't going to be cheap if ye want to play all the games, as obviously they have only a certain access to catalogs out there, and it will be a while before they are creating anything.

Just like all these new streaming services, every fucker out there will be looking for their cut to get your money through accessing their catalog.
Also more furthering the push for people owning nothing, or if they do own it, can only play it through this service, let alone ever holding a physical copy of anything ever again that you handed over your money for. At least with gog you don't have all the drm, or steam or console you can download it, and say goodboy to ever playing anything again offline if this crap ever takes on and creates another monopoly or the rest follow.

One issue where gaming was going i see they are looking at, split screen on consoles. The PC master race has always been different, more solo orientated and has online as default if needed. But regards consoles, starting with xbox, we saw the introduction of voice and multiplayer being more online as well, rather then lads sitting on a sofa with 4 controllers on a split screen. Split screen was the great thing about the consoles, and then they started to look like a knockoff pc, and now its all online.

So they do support split screen, but each split is an instance in itself, lots of power use, you each need a screen, 4 logins i assume, and the bandwidth to handle all that information, let alone games that support it. I think i'll pass.
older game consoles use a lot of power but its coming down fast. the xbox one x uses half the power of the xbox one. 200watt down to around 90w the next gen are around 65w. i use my xbox and 55' tv off solar so its doable!

OP
D

DS86DS

Staff member
PI Member
Premium
i had the same from people when i bought my xbox. people seem to hate it. but i find it fun and relaxing. i use to drink but now dont drink 4/5 months a year. i play the xbox instead to unwhind. i only paly 1/2 to a hour at a time. not every day. i didn't expect that! its fun!
Gaming is a great way to overcome addiction, though a lot of people don't appreciate that fact.

OP
D

DS86DS

Staff member
PI Member
Premium
Seriously when I opened this thread and read the OP I literally cursed out loud. You open a thread moaning about how none of the marriages you know are patriarchal enough for your tastes and than post this nonsense which would only barely acceptable for teenaged boy. What age are you and you an XBox and yet claim to be some upright nationalist type, and even if I a remember correctly a Christian? And you think it is acceptable for an adult male to waste hours at time on hypnotic infantilism? No woman worth her salt would marry trash who play with Xboxs as an adult, and particularly not one who was looking for a "truly traditional" patriarch. This is the problem with men such as yourself- you want all honours of patriarchy but none of the duties. You have not even bothered to take on the duty of fully embracing adulthood.
Oh nag, nag, nag!!! 🙄