• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Is Google Maps an attack of the right to privacy?

valamhic

Deported
PI Member
An Englishman's home is is castle. Now anyone can log on to the internet and see the lands, property and (if the occupier is out and about) they can see him and others. It's used to monitor farming activities so that they can monitor farming activities in a way that was never possible before . Its used to provide criminals images of property they are casing up for robbery. Even the condition of the roof can be checked. No one knows when Google mapping will arrive and take photographs of ones home, outhouses, livestock and lands.

It used to be that a search warrant was needed to examine private property, now it can be done from a satellite or a drone and made available to everyone (including communists). You can't take a pee or a dump for fear to will appear of Politics.Irish or the Irish Times. Added to that the new Eircode and there is no escape. It can be embarrassing for underdeveloped countries like Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea or Finland, to have their inadequacies exposed in this way. What do you think?. .

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
I got an email the other day from Google detailing how they tracked me last year. They reported location date for every day. I use running apps which require geolocation but do not leave it on as it gobbles battery life. So they are using geolocation when its on and harvesting phone signal and or wifi data when its not. They are trying to beat us into submission showing us how little privacy we have thanks to, well, Google. Interestingly the accuracy isn't great after giving the report a brief overview. It said I was in a particular location which I knew I hadn't been Turns out I was on the motorway a couple of KMs away

Maps, gmail, photos - is there any google product which doesn't track our behavior?

I get the difference with Maps as you, or your property, is included whether you are a Google customer or not. But regardless Google are one of the Great Satan's. They may make life more convenient in some ways but the cost to us is turning us into product. They need to be cast into the void

Frank Herbert, in his back history to Dune, described a human rebellion against computers and thinking robots because they represented a perverted imitation of the human mind leading to the rise of the Mentats, human computers. With the rise of Metamodernism I feel we are possibly going to witness something similar

E

Eagle USA

Non Registered Member
Aren't they restricted to photographing the areas along public roads? I don't think they can go down a private road without the owner's permission for instance. One also has the right to ask Google to blur out their property on Maps if requested from what I recall. A much greater threat without a doubt would be the ability for criminals to use drones in order to suss out what machinery and other expensive equipment is present on the property.

jpc

PI Member
Interesting that an Enterprising lawyer hasn't been onto this angle.

Irish McCeltunstein

Donator
PI Member
A while back, Google are said to have suspended streetview services in Germany/Austria, due to overwhelming request to blur property.

They couldn't keep up with the requests and had to shut the whole thing down.

Mein Groypt

PI Member
An Englishman's home is is castle. Now anyone can log on to the internet and see the lands, property and (if the occupier is out and about) they can see him and others. It's used to monitor farming activities so that they can monitor farming activities in a way that was never possible before . Its used to provide criminals images of property they are casing up for robbery. Even the condition of the roof can be checked. No one knows when Google mapping will arrive and take photographs of ones home, outhouses, livestock and lands.

It used to be that a search warrant was needed to examine private property, now it can be done from a satellite or a drone and made available to everyone (including communists). You can't take a pee or a dump for fear to will appear of Politics.Irish or the Irish Times. Added to that the new Eircode and there is no escape. It can be embarrassing for underdeveloped countries like Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea or Finland, to have their inadequacies exposed in this way. What do you think?. .
New world order big brother roll out. :(

OP
V

valamhic

Deported
PI Member
Aren't they restricted to photographing the areas along public roads? I don't think they can go down a private road without the owner's permission for instance. One also has the right to ask Google to blur out their property on Maps if requested from what I recall. A much greater threat without a doubt would be the ability for criminals to use drones in order to suss out what machinery and other expensive equipment is present on the property.
They can show a satellite view of everything. I can see the chimney pots of homes in New Jersey.

Top Bottom