Member Self Moderates Is Gemma O'Doherty an Asset to the Nationalist Movement in Ireland?

Sawdust

PI Member
I know about Lee Chin etc. How do you explain their catering empire? I knew Chinese came here, worked in kitches, the new wave are scared stiff of them as they are tough as nails. How did the Chus get visas - by having Hazel born here? Where did they get fuinding for their catering empire?
I heard those businesses could easily change hands over a game of cards and the guy lugging in the rice in the morning could easily be lording over it all that night.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
I heard those businesses could easily change hands over a game of cards and the guy lugging in the rice in the morning could easily be lording over it all that night.
They gamble a lot but the old school would all be gangsters, setting up their front companies, slowly and methodically. We are supposed to believe the Chus were a fairytale story of rags to riches. Who orgnaised the visas for these dodgy kitchen hands? I remember a Chinese resetaurant in Sth Great Geoges St, oppostive when The Georgev gang bang club is now. Great food, all Chinese clientele - who did not want foreigners in there, lest we hear or see something.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read Hazel Chu's back story as given out by the extremist Green Party.
Hazel's family came here as part of a Chinese invasion force in 1970s. Here is the link. "Chu’s parents met in Ireland in the 1970s when they both emigrated from Hong Kong due to recession. Her parents both worked in kitchen jobs before buying their first business in the form of a chip van; her mother went on to own four restaurants around the Kildare-Dublin locality. Chu became the first individual in her family to attend college and she went on to become the first Irish born Chinese to be called to the Irish Bar in 2007."
Real rags to riches. Parents separately came here, most likely illegally at a time when visas were hard to get (I know Americans could not get them). They work crap jobs yet build a catering empire, with or without credit? How did their language skills go, and how did Hazel develop into a superstar and not get devoured in the family business?
Did the Snakeheads and/or Triads finance them, or did thye do miracles when Ireland was in recession? Who helped them?
What are their views of the pro British protests in Hong Kong? Are they trying to do a Hong Kong here?
Supremacists: Hazel has said Chinese are superior. Everywhere the Chinese go, theyy use their facilities as fronts for crime. Parnell Stret is a good example or how the Triads cleansed it. Why do you think these amoral monsterss are hated in SE Asia? Asians tell me it is because they have no morals. ...........

A chara, it's not permitted on this forum to imply that any named person or family is involved in illegal activity without clear evidence.

DrPat2

PI Member
A lot of the Chinese who came to Ireland in the early years were from the New Territories in Hong Kong, often being Hakka as opposed to Cantonese speaking. They worked very hard. Gambling was also popular among them and if there is gambling etc, the triads are apt to lurk. 14K, Sun Yee On, et al. Some triads draw membership though not exclusively from the New Territories areas. If anyone is interested, there is a lot of information on the triads on the internet e.g.

Triad (organized crime) - Wikipedia
A brief history of Hong Kong’s triad gangs
What Are the Triads, and What Is Their History of Violence?

I have no knowledge of this Hazel Chu person or her family background so I am not in a position to comment on that.

Last edited:

Dublin Stan

PI Member
A lot of the Chinese who came to Ireland in the early years were from the New Territories in Hong Kong, often being Hakka as opposed to Cantonese speaking. They worked very hard. Gambling was also popular among them and if there is gambling etc, the triads are apt to luk. 14K, Sun Yee On, et al. Some triads draw membership though not exclusively from the New Territories areas.
I have no knowledge of this Hazel Chu person or her family background so I am not in a position to comment on that.
A chara, it's not permitted on this forum to imply that any named person or family is involved in illegal activity without clear evidence.
I am not implying anything. I posted a link to the Green Party's website, which says Chu's parents worked as kitchen hands but went on to have a catering empire. Hazel Chu seems to be bright but my questions are
1. How did they obtain work visas if they were unskilled immigrants?
2. How did they finance their catering empire and the legal and other paperwork around it?
3. What was their involvement with the Chinese "community" and did any of them help the Chus?
4. Who advised them to come to Ireland and what contacts had they here?
5. What are their views on anti Chinese violence in Hong Kng?
I have no idea on this as they keep a tight ship. I do know there have been criminal activities in the Chinese "community" in Ireland. Hazel Chu is a public figure and, as such, she has questions to answer before she lectures us.
I fully expect Ms Chu to be either a TD or a senator after the next election but we need to know about her, just as we need to know about all other politicians. We need to know her back story as we do that of Fiona O'Leary and Gemma O'Doherty, who is quite open about her background and that of her family.
We have a huge and potentially dangerous Chinese population here. We need to know who they are and what they are up to.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not implying anything. I posted a link to the Green Party's website, which says Chu's parents worked as kitchen hands but went on to have a catering empire. Hazel Chu seems to be bright but my questions are
1. How did they obtain work visas if they were unskilled immigrants?
2. How did they finance their catering empire and the legal and other paperwork around it?
3. What was their involvement with the Chinese "community" and did any of them help the Chus?
4. Who advised them to come to Ireland and what contacts had they here?
5. What are their views on anti Chinese violence in Hong Kng?
I have no idea on this as they keep a tight ship. I do know there have been criminal activities in the Chinese "community" in Ireland. Hazel Chu is a public figure and, as such, she has questions to answer before she lectures us.
I fully expect Ms Chu to be either a TD or a senator after the next election but we need to know about her, just as we need to know about all other politicians. We need to know her back story as we do that of Fiona O'Leary and Gemma O'Doherty, who is quite open about her background and that of her family.
We have a huge and potentially dangerous Chinese population here. We need to know who they are and what they are up to.

OK a chara, let's drop the matter of this Chinese woman. That's the topic of another thread.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
Remember the Mained! To Hell With Spain! That is on GO'D today. Some good points folk would know. Bad speakers but maybe a beginning of something

Ragnarok

PI Member
I think Gemma has a limited usefullness and may well ultimately be damaging to the nationalist cause. As other posters have said, more focus and more precise knowledge is needed on her part.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
I think Gemma has a limited usefullness and may well ultimately be damaging to the nationalist cause. As other posters have said, more focus and more precise knowledge is needed on her part.
Gemma is good at what she does. She can handle words and opics very well. Ireland is in a mess. No Irsh Joan of Arc is going to save it. Nor wil a few dust ups outside Google save it. But every little bit helps until things congeal.

Top Bottom