• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Video Is Easter Pagan? Pagan Astarte or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
At the end of the day when each person stands before God , the community ( whatever that means) is not going to be interceding or having any part in the discussion.
If your notion of Catholicism is community worship to the exclusion of private individual worship then that notion is false.

I suspect this is another reason you have been deceived by the antipope Francis who activel and energetically promotes the destruction of individual worship of God,

I think individualism is the opposite of religion. Religion is always communal in nature. And that's why our churches are empty. Empty of Irish people anyway. People who still have a communal spirit are attending Irish churches, i.e. the Filipinos and the Nigerians and the Polish.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Absolutely
And this is the problem with modern environmentalists
They see animals and plants as being equal to humans - whereas in reality God gave man dominion to rule over the earth and to subdue nature
So we have this God given right to rule but they want us to turn us into something almost equal to plants and animals.
Which is turning Christianity on its head and having us ultimately worshiping cabbages
That has to be opposed
These environmentalists are aided in this destruction by antipope Francis whose pamphlet Laudato Si inverts and subverts the divine order of creation.
Catholics must avoid everything to do with this cunning and dangerous adversary of the human race.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
I think individualism is the opposite of religion. Religion is always communal in nature. And that's why our churches are empty. Empty of Irish people anyway. People who still have a communal spirit are attending Irish churches, i.e. the Filipinos and the Nigerians and the Polish.
Individualism is the essence of Catholicism because each human soul is unique and immortal .
To say that religion is communal subordinates the individual to the group and leads inevitably to political / spiritual corruption.
However , the individual on earth is obliged to submit to legitimate spiritual authority as vested in the true pope Benedict on matters of faith and morals only.

D

Deleted member 2694

Non Registered Member
These environmentalists are aided in this destruction by antipope Francis whose pamphlet Laudato Si inverts and subverts the divine order of creation.
Catholics must avoid everything to do with this cunning and dangerous adversary of the human race.
Today is diving mercy Sunday. Christ died and a fountain of mercy poured fourth upon the whole world. St. Francis de Sales had wise words concerning the scandals caused by some priests during the 1600s. He said" those who commit these type of scandals are guilty of the spiritual equivalent of murder. But I'm here among you to prevent something far worse for you. While those who give scandal are guilty of the spiritual equivalent to murder, those who take scandal- allow scandals to destroy their faith are guilty of spiritual suicide" They are guilty of cutting off their life with Christ abandoning the source of life in the sacraments, especially the Eucharist."

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Today is diving mercy Sunday. Christ died and a fountain of mercy poured fourth upon the whole world. St. Francis de Sales had wise words concerning the scandals caused by some priests during the 1600s. He said" those who commit these type of scandals are guilty of the spiritual equivalent of murder. But I'm here among you to prevent something far worse for you. While those who give scandal are guilty of the spiritual equivalent to murder, those who take scandal- allow scandals to destroy their faith are guilty of spiritual suicide" They are guilty of cutting off their life with Christ abandoning the source of life in the sacraments, especially the Eucharist."
I’m not exactly sure what you are trying to say here in quoting de Sales.
The current Roman Catholic papal circus with a complete loon and a semi loon running about dressed in white is surely scandal enough to be getting on with.
As for divine mercy devotion etc ?
That and it’s ghastly neon ray tube image was condemned iinm by the church some decades back.
It was revived by oddball JP2.
Not for me thank you very much.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Individualism is the essence of Catholicism because each human soul is unique and immortal .
To say that religion is communal subordinates the individual to the group and leads inevitably to political / spiritual corruption.
However , the individual on earth is obliged to submit to legitimate spiritual authority as vested in the true pope Benedict on matters of faith and morals only.

So the rest of the universe may as well not exist? As long as you get your private meeting with God?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
So the rest of the universe may as well not exist? As long as you get your private meeting with God?
The meeting is mandatory and I have no choice but to go.
If you don’t want to go and stick with your “ community” that is your free decision.
I don’t advise it but your call.

The Universe?
Not importent in the grand scheme.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
The meeting is mandatory and I have no choice but to go.
If you don’t want to go and stick with your “ community” that is your free decision.
I don’t advise it but your call.

The Universe?
Not importent in the grand scheme.

With that attitude, it's no wonder that we are destroying the earth.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
It is the central historical event of human civilisation and existence.
In your head
Standing up on our hind legs and mastering fire would be it for me

Easter like bonfire night (John’s night) or Halloween (all souls and all saints) and Christmas is where the Christians appropriated pagan festivals
Islam and Judaism have done the same thing

The Field Marshal

PI Member
In your head
Standing up on our hind legs and mastering fire would be it for me

Easter like bonfire night (John’s night) or Halloween (all souls and all saints) and Christmas is where the Christians appropriated pagan festivals
Islam and Judaism have done the same thing
So you deny the fact that Christ rose body and soul from the dead.?
Ok.
Such denial will form part of your sentence should you be cast into Hell.

Black Azrael

PI Member
Is Easter pagan ... etc, etc.
Out of Colleyville, TX, always something unreliable.

It is Bede (De Tempere Ratione) who invented the link from Eostre:
Eostur-monath, qui nunc paschalis mensis interpretatur, quondam a dea illorum quae Eostre vocabatur, et cui in illo festa celebrabant, nomen habuit, a cujus nomine nunc paschale tempus cognominant, consueto antiquae observationis vocabulo gaudia novae solemnitatis vocantes.

He reckoned Eostre was the name of a pagan goddess venerated around the vernal equinox by pre-christian Angles. No other source has that connection, or that deity. He seems to be making a (false?) etymology from the Germanic root-word for East: in Old English eost/eust, cognate with Old Frisian āst/aste, which has its parallels in Sanskrit uṣas, Greek ἠώς/ἕως and Latin aurora.

Hence Dr Marshall's attempt at a link.

Ἀστάρτη, Astártē, is the Hellenised form of Astoreth/Ishtar — which takes us back to the Bronze Age or even beyond, as the deification of the female principle, and from the earliest times associated with the planet Venus, the morning and evening star.

Then we'd need to heed the coincidence with Passover (from which, outside that Germanic origin, most other languages borrow their term for the event).

Passover is now held to begin on 15 Nisan, but clearly the Biblical Passover would have been on 14 Nisan — when the Passover lamb is sacrificed. St John has the execution of Jesus on that day. By the way 'Passover', as a word in English, is William Tyndale's coinage, a verbal vamp on pesah/pesha.

Early Christians in Asia Minor (think modern Turkey) adopted the Quartodeciman date, derived from Polycarp. There's quite a history how a single date for the death of Christ became accepted, rather than observing it at the weekly Sunday gathering. Blastus was a Quartodeciman, and agitated for that date during the papacy of Victor I (189-98), when Victor attempted to impose, on pain of excommunication, the Sunday rule on the church in Asia. Iranaeus of Lyon opposed Victor, on the ground that Polycarp and Pope Anicetus (c.155-c.166) had agreed to differ on this detail of dogma.

There's another connection in the Roman festival of Parilia (named for the obscure deity Pales, the patron of shepherds), which was held as the traditional celebration of the day on which the city of Rome was founded. This became, in christian times, the festival of Urbs Aeterna — and the Roman church insisted Easter could not be celebrated lated than Parilia on a.d. XI Kalendas Maias (21 April) — to avoid the conflict of Christians still in a Lenten fast while pagans were whooping it up in a feast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom