Video Is Easter Pagan? Pagan Astarte or the Lord Jesus Christ?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
without ever showing an equivalence in christian liturgy and pagan practices i might add. Can anyone explain how something can be pagan without adopting or manifesting any actual paganism?
Yes.
The main modernized tabernacles in the catholic cathederals of Armagh and Killarney are both distinctly diabolic pagan in appearance.
I believe Bishop Casey was responsible for the Killarney horror but not sure what bishop responsible for the Armagh one, possibly OFiagh or Daly.

P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
My Greek was good enough for entrance exhibition to TCD: allegedly much better than my Latin. Professor Jacob Weingreen gave us a quick once-over-lightly of Semitic languages (part of the TCD Comparative Philology required course) — but little of that stuck, I regret to say.

However, I know to whom to defer if I need assistance with Arabic.
How did you get on with English?:p

P

Piposter

Non Registered Member
Catholicism is flawed at its very fundamentals.

Of course, the RCC and Christianity in general possess a good deal of communal utility, but I see no value in a dogma that effectively closes of, often to the point of outright forbidding, philosophical and spiritual questioning.
Catholicism has its dogmas that must be believed in, regardless of the reservations of an individual adherent.

The Enlightenment has had its downsides, but I think it's been a positive thing to the extent it weakened the power of the institutional Christian churches.
Explain the fundamental flaws. That's a big opening sentence you made Hera.

darkhorse3

PI Member
Yes , it is about Easter , which existed long before Christianity..come on , keep up lol
No
As I pointed out earlier, the earliest Christians celebrated the Ressurection of Christ (Easter) to coincide with the Jewish Passover
And it is still celebrated at or around that time to this day
Nothing to do with any pagan celebrations but everything to do with the ancient Jewish Passover holiday of Passover - where God liberated Jews from slavery and Christians celebrate their own liberation from slavery because of the Ressurection

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Yes , it is about Easter , which existed long before Christianity..come on , keep up lol
It does,nt exhibit any intelligence to continually refer to the known fact that pre Christian pagan festivals coincided with the dates selected by the Catholic Church to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

Indeed it is rather pedantic.

gerhard dengler

No
As I pointed out earlier, the earliest Christians celebrated the Ressurection of Christ (Easter) to coincide with the Jewish Passover
And it is still celebrated at or around that time to this day
Nothing to do with any pagan celebrations but everything to do with the ancient Jewish Passover holiday of Passover - where God liberated Jews from slavery and Christians celebrate their own liberation from slavery because of the Ressurection
An excellent and accurate summation, dh.

page61

PI Member
It does,nt exhibit any intelligence to continually refer to the known fact that pre Christian pagan festivals coincided with the dates selected by the Catholic Church to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

Indeed it is rather pedantic.
I would think, it is rather ignorant to ignore the fact. Coincidence...I think not, but whatever floats your boat and helps you to sleep at night.

Top Bottom