Irish Times almost surpassed by Liberal.ie on FB.

El Chaval.

PI Member
The Liberal.ie is some bloke in a kitchen afaik, and despite the title would be conservative, pro life, and not shy on reporting migrant crime.
It currently has 520,000 likes on FB.

The Irish Times is a multi million euro agency with Govt and EU funding. It's editor is on a 6 figure salary
It currently has 550.000 like on FB.

Do not despair.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
The Liberal.ie is some bloke in a kitchen afaik, and despite the title would be conservative, pro life, and not shy on reporting migrant crime.

The Irish Times is a multi million euro agency with Govt and EU funding. It's editor is on a 6 figure salary

Do not despair.

Yes, the Liberal gets enough views every month to make its owner a rich man - except that Irish business refuses to advertize with him as he actually publishes the truth.

Macushla

PI Member
TheLiberal.ie could benefit from an ingestion of professionalism.

Reactions: Jim

Ted

PI Member
TheLiberal.ie could benefit from an ingestion of professionalism.
Like the IT...
Oh, wait..

Wolf

PI Member

Do not despair.
MSM is dying on its arse.
There's only so much fake news people will put up with.

No wonder they are begging FFG for more subsidies...

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
A popular accusation to account for the Liberal.ie popularity is that it "bought" likes. I don't use FB much, but rarely see Liberal.ie tweet gain much traction on twitter.

Macushla

PI Member
A popular accusation to account for the Liberal.ie popularity is that it "bought" likes. I don't use FB much, but rarely see Liberal.ie tweet gain much traction on twitter.
I don't know if it bought them per se. But they definitely built up likes through fake "Like + Share" competitions.

Macushla

PI Member
Like the IT...
Oh, wait..

What's your point?

I'm not defending the Irish Times. But theLiberal is incredibly amateur. It has potential to be an Irish Breitbart. But that potential is wasted, which is why it needs to professionalise.

That is not to say it's worthless though. It's not.

Ted

PI Member
What's your point?

I'm not defending the Irish Times. But theLiberal is incredibly amateur. It has potential to be an Irish Breitbart. But that potential is wasted, which is why it needs to professionalise.

I'm only pointing out that its amateurishness may be one of its main attractions for a public sick of spin and slick salesmen.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member

FB and Twitter have a very different audience though. FB tends to be older and the sort of people who are better able to deal with reality. If you look at some of the articles on the Liberal, they get a lot of feedback.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
What's your point?

I think it's down to resources. As said in the OP, it's basically been run out of one man's spare room (and he and his family constantly get dogs abuse from the Libtards over it). It certainly has a lot of potential though if its owner could find one or two wealthy but patriotic minded backers. He can forget about advertising - other than some very poorly paying google ads.

Macushla

PI Member
I'm only pointing out that its amateurishness may be one of its main attractions for a public sick of spin and slick salesmen.
The problem with the right is we don't have a professional media which will give us a fair shake. And any attempts to create alternative media tend to look shoddy and disreputable, and only appeal to people who already believe the message and can overlook its bad packaging.

theLiberal has a lot of Facebook likes and a decent reach but it needs to up its game. Nobody ever actually clicks beyond their headlines. If you ever do click into the website itself it's a poor looking template website and the "article" is just a few lines.

Top Bottom