Irish Presidential Election 2018

Who will you be voting for in the Irish Presidential Election ?

• Michael D Higgins

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Peter Casey

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • Liadh Ni Riada

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Sean Gallagher

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Gavin Duffy

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Joan Freeman

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Cant Vote/Wont Vote

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Threads

I knew I was right about him lol. He'll make the Left wail, which is a nice victory in itself.
I don't think Casey is appropriate for a serious polity. But he's perfectly appropriate for a regime that's premised on being on a shopping mall and a landing strip for the US. He sees things through an American prism more than anything else. And you might think, I'm hatin' on Casey by saying that. He's probably an affable guy and undoubtedly talented in his own field.

My point is not to chase down Casey or any of these other people but to say these guys are exactly the snap shot of were this society is at the moment. We're probably are missing a screeching Mullaly (or a sneering Norma Burke) style hag - but bar that, the X-ray this whacky lot have given us is in high definition.

Macushla

PI Member
Threads
I don't think Casey is appropriate for a serious polity. But he's perfectly appropriate for a regime that's premised on being on a shopping mall and a landing strip for the US. He sees things through an American prism more than anything else. And you might think, I'm hatin' on Casey by saying that. He's probably an affable guy and undoubtedly talented in his own field.

My point is not to chase down Casey or any of these other people but to say these guys are exactly the snap shot of were this society is at the moment. We're probably are missing a screeching Mullaly (or a sneering Norma Burke) style hag - but bar that, the X-ray this whacky lot have given us is in high definition.
Of course, Casey just wants Ireland to be the 51st State of America. He’s not nationally-minded. The reasons I’m voting for him are admittedly not particularly good reasons, I don’t think he’s a good candidate, but I find him better than the rest.

Firstly at least he’s not going to be embarrassing on the international stage. He can shake hands with another world leader with firmness and Stan up straight. Unlike Leo moping in a supermarket.

Second, He’s not going to win so I just want to have my vote in his column so the left will think “oh how awful people actually voted for him!”

Third, if he were to win we’d have an Atlantacist president and a Europhilic government. That’s surely going to lead to some contention and embarrassment.

Last edited:
Threads
One of a number of chancers who have enough money and are looking for a sparkling new celeb career.

Fk-all use to ordinary people.
To be popular, Baldy Baggy has to state that he chose the "Most popular"/majority side of a referendum.If the majority of people in Ireland voted to switch Xmas Day to the 25th June , Baldy Baggy would also state that he was in the majority for the change of XMas.This is always the way with Brown Nosers,Lackeys.They are all "BOUGHT AND SOLD" like sweets.Baldy Baggy is a man with no deep roots , only to line his own pockets and would sell his soul for "Lucre"

DrPat2

PI Member
Threads
Some imagined insult in Norma's mind? Maybe it's his curly greaser hairstyle look - who the hell is his hair stylist - she/it/he must have determined that he cannot be permitted to win at any cost...

Last edited:
Threads
No votes for me for the repulsive Sinn Fein candidate or for Miggeldy.

TFMs order currently.
No 1 to Casey
No 2 to Freeman
No 3 to Duffy.

Nothing to anybody else

Una

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Don't want to vote for any of them.
Soros-Higgins
Wondering why the others really want to be Prez.?
business connections?

Definitely Not Gallagher.
Casey has charm.
What is Duffy up to?
No to Soros Féin.
No to Freeman.
Not inspired.

Last edited:
Threads
Don't want to vote for any of them.
Soros-Higgins
Wondering why the others really want to be Prez.?
business connections?

Definitely Not Gallagher.
Casey has charm.
What is Duffy up to?
No to Soros Féin.
No to Freeman.
Not inspired.
I suggest you make a list of the least hated.
That is all you can do.

Una

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I suggest you make a list of the least hated.
That is all you can do.
Well i haven't heard them really speak/debate yet.... but i have a bad feeling about Gallagher.
I would of voted for Gemma O'Doherty.

Last edited:
Threads
Well i haven't heard them really speak yet.... but i have a bad feeling about Gallagher.
I would of voted for Gemma O'Doherty.
Gallagher is a two faced clown.
He claims he will represent all the people yet is happy to publicly reveal his referendum voting preferences which obviously alienates him from those who voted differently.

Top Bottom