Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Irish Lockdown Day 6

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Why do i get the feeling our actual response is going to be 'give them a good talking to then show them the door'???
The Indian Police are making anyone outside on non-essential business do squats in the street as punishment.

Karloff

PI Member
Do you know what it is like when a very close relative of yours has a severe respiratory condition so that if they get this they die. Outside becomes a very very scary place, everywhere there is potential death lurking. What if i bring it home to them somehow despite all the precautions? What if they never beat this and everyone gets it outside?

Now you can imagine what i feel about teenage scrotes coughing at people, they had want to be careful - if they do that to me i might just lose it and kill them. I am angry, angry at the Chinese, angry at this virus.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member
I see the Dutch have very bad figures mortality rate per 1m people, I'm curious how the PM will fair out in the next election in Netherlands, he is a dead man walking just like Chief YellowHair in Washington.
Chief Yellowhair is perfectly safe after democrats voted against relief for Americans a couple of days ago. He's going to walk it.

Hermit

PI Member
President Higgins has penned a new "poem" to give us all hope.

“Take Care”

In the journey to the light,
the dark moments
should not threaten.
Belief
requires
that you hold steady.
Bend, if you will,
with the wind.
The tree is your teacher,
roots at once
more firm
from experience
in the soil
made fragile.

Your gentle dew will come
and a stirring
of power
to go on
towards the space
of sharing.

In the misery of the I,
in rage,
it is easy to cry out
against all others
but to weaken
is to die
in the misery of knowing
the journey abandoned
towards the sharing
of all human hope
and cries
is the loss
of all we know
of the divine
reclaimed
for our shared
humanity.
Hold firm.
Take care.
Come home
together.

page61

PI Member
if you happen to be eating...STOP before you read this , if it does not make you puke ...

Greengoose

PI Member
if you happen to be eating...STOP before you read this , if it does not make you puke ...

Poor Michael must be indulging in whacky baccy or stronger stuff. Varadker is a puppet/muppet. He is there by default and all these measures are not down to him! It is the doctors, nurses, cleaners and general staff in the hospitals who are on the front line. Oh, and the unpaid student nurses. The population at large are mindful of the risks and are respecting the social distancing. Sadly there are the usual yobos who flaunt the rules as we have seen on the seafront at dollymount or the eejit who misinterpreted "being minister of health is not to be scoffed at".

Journalists are of the same ilk as their political masters, scum! That photoshoot of Harris with the lab glasses is farcical to say the least as is/was the Varadker address to the nation on the 17th!

page61

PI Member
Poor Michael must be indulging in whacky baccy or stronger stuff. Varadker is a puppet/muppet. He is there by default and all these measures are not down to him! It is the doctors, nurses, cleaners and general staff in the hospitals who are on the front line. Oh, and the unpaid student nurses. The population at large are mindful of the risks and are respecting the social distancing. Sadly there are the usual yobos who flaunt the rules as we have seen on the seafront at dollymount or the eejit who misinterpreted "being minister of health is not to be scoffed at".

Journalists are of the same ilk as their political masters, scum! That photoshoot of Harris with the lab glasses is farcical to say the least as is/was the Varadker address to the nation on the 17th!
Its all going to come down to ventilators ...A patient is going to need a ventilator for two weeks ..we have a few hundred at best ..

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
President Higgins has penned a new "poem" to give us all hope.

“Take Care”

In the journey to the light,
the dark moments
should not threaten.
Belief
requires
that you hold steady.
Bend, if you will,
with the wind.
The tree is your teacher,
roots at once
more firm
from experience
in the soil
made fragile.

Your gentle dew will come
and a stirring
of power
to go on
towards the space
of sharing.

In the misery of the I,
in rage,
it is easy to cry out
against all others
but to weaken
is to die
in the misery of knowing
the journey abandoned
towards the sharing
of all human hope
and cries
is the loss
of all we know
of the divine
reclaimed
for our shared
humanity.
Hold firm.
Take care.
Come home
together.
I've also written a new poem. It's called "Close The Fooking Borders".

Close the fooking borders.
Like three months
ago.

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium

THE likelihood of Ireland falling into recession in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic is fairly high, according to the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).

The not-for-profit research group has warned that the ongoing coronavirus crisis is "the greatest threat that the Irish economy has faced since the financial crisis".

"At this juncture, we assume that these measures stay in place for a 12-week period and the economy recovers afterwards," it said.

"Under this scenario, the Irish economy would shrink by 7.1% in 2020.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium
"DS86DS 4" - you'll be calling yerself the fukkin Champ next :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom