• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Irish Green Endlösung

sighthound

PI Member
One point that the Greens in all their wisdom, knowledge and intelligence tend to overlook is that you cannot screw the beef industry without simultaneously screwing the dairy industry as well. It wouldn't be the first time that it has to be explained that for cows, or any other mammal, to produce milk they first need to have a baby and half of those babies are likely to be boy babies (sexed seamen is now available but it's not 100% reliable or cheap) and those boy babies cannot produce milk themselves, they are therefore reared for beef. Cut the demand for beef and you undermine the dairy industry.

Another aspect they don't consider is that grass is a natural crop in Ireland's moist climate, especially in the west. Cereal crops can be grown but the pesticide input increases as a direct result of increased humidity so far more chemicals will have to be applied to a field of wheat than a field of grass, and of course the smaller field size makes tillage difficult, unless you pull out the hedges......
They are not used for beef holstein cattle are naturally skinny no muscle or beef there SO they are slaughtered soon after birth cruelly buried alive rapped on the head discarded to starve to death or left without food to die. So look into the dairy industry and see the truth. Angus & hereford cattle produce the beef totally different physical appearance

Polyco

PI Member
They are not used for beef holstein cattle are naturally skinny no muscle or beef there SO they are slaughtered soon after birth cruelly buried alive rapped on the head discarded to starve to death or left without food to die. So look into the dairy industry and see the truth. Angus & hereford cattle produce the beef totally different physical appearance
As I actually have close connections with a dairy farm I can assure you and others that you are talking the most complete bollux imaginable.

sighthound

PI Member
As I actually have close connections with a dairy farm I can assure you and others that you are talking the most complete bollux imaginable.
they keep it well hidden the dairy farmer next to us gives the males away free he used to charge 50 euro each there are so many they have no value pure disgusting i am glad i dont consume dairy so my conscience is clear.

Polyco

PI Member
they keep it well hidden the dairy farmer next to us gives the males away free he used to charge 50 euro each there are so many they have no value pure disgusting i am glad i dont consume dairy so my conscience is clear.
I doubt it, all animals have to be tagged and their movements recorded, giving them away is no longer the option it once was.

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
7 million cattle in Ireland, 17 million cattle in Germany, 210 million cattle in Brazil, 350 million in India. Cant see how reducing numbers in Ireland is going to help the environment.

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
Absolute bollox. Holstein bulls of which there are not a lot in Ireland are killed as 16 month old bulls.

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
You are so full of shit a glass of milk might do you good.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Please don't try to blame vegetarians for green party climate change political idiocy
We veggies merely advocate that people consider changing their diets voluntarily for health and moral reasons.

However we don't make up a bunch of lies that serve the interests of foreign corporations
then use them to have mandatory extra taxes applied to poor people.
Fair enough.

page61

PI Member
Here are some Climate facts few people know:
  • Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
  • The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
  • Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
  • Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
  • The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
  • The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
  • Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
  • Adapting to life below sea level made the Netherlands rich not poor
  • We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
  • Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
  • Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels.
  • Carbon emissions do not damage the environment, they are a necessity for plants and trees to flourish.
The above facts come from the best-available scientific studies, including those conducted by or accepted by the IPCC, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
I am not arguing with any of your facts but !!! you can get facts on Google to fit any opinion under the sun

Top Bottom