• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Irish Green Endlösung

Polyco

PI Member
On the subject of climate change the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is often quoted as the top authority on the subject and are always quoted when the need is felt to frighten the horses, yet it is worth reminding ourselves what was also said in its 1995 report -

In the 1995 2nd Assessment Report of the UN IPCC the scientists included these three statements in the draft:

1. “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed (climate) changes to the specific cause of increases in greenhouse gases.”

2. “No study to date has positively attributed all or part (of observed climate change) to anthropogenic (i.e. man-made) causes.”

3. “Any claims of positive detection of significant climate change are likely to remain controversial until uncertainties in the natural variability of the climate system are reduced.”
I'm not at all sure that the situation has changed much since, especially the third point.

OP
Volatire

Volatire

PI Member
Likewise I to am in favour of looking after our planet but the Green agenda is off the scale of idiocy and, TBH, it's my experience that they are not the sharpest tools in the box, I always think of them as rather second tier in many ways. I'm no great academic but one doesn't need to be to recognise spoofers and wannabe's. The real brains are in the companies exploiting the green agenda, the Greens themselves are just useful idiots as far as big money is concerned.
Cultural Marxists reject science (patriarchal, white). They believe only in socially constructed reality. Nevertheless they just adore Global Warming. Never really understood why.

Perhaps they have a vision of European males as emasculated soy boy vegans with zero sperm count?

Killing off the cattle, kill off burgers and fries, and kill off the Europeans.

Polyco

PI Member
One point that the Greens in all their wisdom, knowledge and intelligence tend to overlook is that you cannot screw the beef industry without simultaneously screwing the dairy industry as well. It wouldn't be the first time that it has to be explained that for cows, or any other mammal, to produce milk they first need to have a baby and half of those babies are likely to be boy babies (sexed seamen is now available but it's not 100% reliable or cheap) and those boy babies cannot produce milk themselves, they are therefore reared for beef. Cut the demand for beef and you undermine the dairy industry.

Another aspect they don't consider is that grass is a natural crop in Ireland's moist climate, especially in the west. Cereal crops can be grown but the pesticide input increases as a direct result of increased humidity so far more chemicals will have to be applied to a field of wheat than a field of grass, and of course the smaller field size makes tillage difficult, unless you pull out the hedges......

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
The only way to protect the environment in Ireland is to close the borders and deport the migrants. All genuine Irish Nationalists love the natural environment of Ireland and want to protect it from Capitalist profiteers.

BSA

PI Member
One point that the Greens in all their wisdom, knowledge and intelligence tend to overlook is that you cannot screw the beef industry without simultaneously screwing the dairy industry as well. It wouldn't be the first time that it has to be explained that for cows, or any other mammal, to produce milk they first need to have a baby and half of those babies are likely to be boy babies (sexed seamen is now available but it's not 100% reliable or cheap) and those boy babies cannot produce milk themselves, they are therefore reared for beef. Cut the demand for beef and you undermine the dairy industry.

Another aspect they don't consider is that grass is a natural crop in Ireland's moist climate, especially in the west. Cereal crops can be grown but the pesticide input increases as a direct result of increased humidity so far more chemicals will have to be applied to a field of wheat than a field of grass, and of course the smaller field size makes tillage difficult, unless you pull out the hedges......
Really good points in this post..

However...

The few 'greens' , 'including two local counsellors, who I know are haughty self satisfied vegetarians in well paid jobs with affluent lifestyles..They are without exception urban dwellers with nothing even remotely 'green' about the way they live..an annual foreign holiday and a large car..for starters..

I would safely say that's pretty much the irish 'green' party support base..putting smug shit for brains I'm allright Jack's like these into political positions where they can destroy the lives of hardworking Irish people will be a disaster...

Like the 'greens' were ..the last time out...

Karloff

PI Member
'National herd' what a misleading term, as though they belonged to the nation or something.

Reactions: BSA

Karloff

PI Member
I for one hope any halving in cattle numbers means a halving of live exports, the shame of our nation.

Willow

PI Member
I for one hope any halving in cattle numbers means a halving of live exports, the shame of our nation.
Totally agree. Slaughter humanely here and export frozen. Anything else is barbarity. Am vegetarian btw myself.

Willow

PI Member
Let me guess. Woman?
Yup. Been vegetarian for decades. Have you seen how our lovely bullocks are treated quayside in Egypt and such places?
Don't even start me on the abomination that is halal slaughter.

Top Bottom