Ireland is a welfare nation

Blubot

Political Irish
Threads
A report has just been published that claims Ireland is a nation that is reliant on state handouts (welfare)

According to the report, a vast number of people are in receipt of some kind of welfare payment, such as Family Income Supplement, State Pensions, Job Seekers payments, Children's allowance and employment schemes.

Ireland may, compared to other states, be overly dependent on monetary social transfers and that there may be issues to be addressed with regard to the level and distribution of market incomes and the availability of non-monetary social services,” it says.
There are 1.3m people in receipt of a weekly social welfare payment in respect of two million beneficiaries. A further 625,300 families receive a monthly child benefit payment in respect of 1.2m children.

Of the weekly welfare recipients, 616,200 are in receipt of a pensions payment and 205,560 receive jobseeker’s payments. Some 194,010 received a disability allowance or an invalidity pension and 79,910 were in receipt of carer’s allowance or benefit.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...on-862009.html

You would have to wonder if this is the usual budgetary kite flying we have become accustomed too, testing the water to see if they can cut anything? :stick:

TheKing

King of Fine Gael
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Living costs in Ireland are far too high, hence why some need welfare top ups. From cars to petrol we pay more.

The government need to get on top of this but sadly I fear they are more interested in popularism with minorities.

Threads
And yet our culturual Marxist overlords want us to take in tens of thousands of more economic migrants from 3rd world Countries who have zero desire to work here. But who cares, we get to bask in the glory of a mass virtue signaling suicide.

BURNOUT

PI Member
Threads
I agree that living costs in Ireland are just so high and they should not be. If you go abroad the home based beer is always cheapest 2€+ and imports 3-4€. But Ireland does not even do that because the tax is so high, so poor people cant afford to drink, so they spend some of their welfare money to pay the high taxes on alcohol. Does it make sense? and if you dropped rental costs would companies not be able to pay a bit more? If they dropped the VAT on cars and goods wouldn't those same people spend more on cars and goods.

No doubt a spin can be put on it to suit any argument but I do not get the point of always having things so expensive and then giving people money to pay the higher cost. Surely things can be brought down to a base cost. Why can you buy a villa or large apartment with lovely views abroad for about 180k+ and you cant buy a three bed semi here for less than 360k, thats if you can find one.

It's no wonder people are been led to be cautious on the amount of 'foreign' families here and due to come here with no jobs / housing / future and all have to paid welfare (and they like big houses for large families). Where will the welfare €€€'s come from...basic tenner a pint, basic car 25k, costs in everything going up sky high to fund it. Something is not right here.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads
Ireland is in my opinion perfectly set up for a complete wipeout. I thought the place was screwed 10 years ago with a debt of 60 billion, it is totally screwed now with a debt of about 230 billion or whatever. What these modern economies can not survive is a deflation and that is what I sence is just beginning to happen in the last week as prices of silver for example have broken down to amazingly low levels, again in my opinion.

merkels hammer

Political Irish
Threads
Can you Irish not stand on two feet? The fatherland will not bail you further, you must submit to the will of the reich.

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
kite flying to cut welfare

yet we let apple off with 13 billion.

So....Corporate welfare good. Feeding and housing the poor bad :rolleyes:

Don't get suckered into supporting Leo's right wing policies on welfare.
You may need some help down the line yourself when you get unceremoniously shitcanned
by one of these same tax dodging uncaring US MNCs to save money on wages through automation etc!!

The gouging of the rentier class and high energy and other costs is another day's work.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Ireland is in my opinion perfectly set up for a complete wipeout. I thought the place was screwed 10 years ago with a debt of 60 billion, it is totally screwed now with a debt of about 230 billion or whatever. What these modern economies can not survive is a deflation and that is what I sence is just beginning to happen in the last week as prices of silver for example have broken down to amazingly low levels, again in my opinion.

If the US Multinationals start to pull out - for any reason - we are back in the famine. There is literally no Plan B.

Last edited:
Threads
And yet our culturual Marxist overlords want us to take in tens of thousands of more economic migrants from 3rd world Countries who have zero desire to work here. But who cares, we get to bask in the glory of a mass virtue signaling suicide.
Goodbye K-selection, hello r-selected turd world. Good bye Irish.

Threads
I agree that living costs in Ireland are just so high and they should not be. If you go abroad the home based beer is always cheapest 2€+ and imports 3-4€. But Ireland does not even do that because the tax is so high, so poor people cant afford to drink, so they spend some of their welfare money to pay the high taxes on alcohol. Does it make sense? and if you dropped rental costs would companies not be able to pay a bit more? If they dropped the VAT on cars and goods wouldn't those same people spend more on cars and goods.

No doubt a spin can be put on it to suit any argument but I do not get the point of always having things so expensive and then giving people money to pay the higher cost. Surely things can be brought down to a base cost. Why can you buy a villa or large apartment with lovely views abroad for about 180k+ and you cant buy a three bed semi here for less than 360k, thats if you can find one.

It's no wonder people are been led to be cautious on the amount of 'foreign' families here and due to come here with no jobs / housing / future and all have to paid welfare (and they like big houses for large families). Where will the welfare €€€'s come from...basic tenner a pint, basic car 25k, costs in everything going up sky high to fund it. Something is not right here.
We're really not that far off a tenner pint. Madness to think about.

Top Bottom