Ireland has a new Government.

• Admin
OP
Political Irish

Political Irish

PI Member
Fine Gael has given a resounding backing to the programme for government, with all groups within the party voting in favour of entering a coalition with Fianna Fáil and the Green Party.

Overall 80% backed the programme, which will pave the way for a government that would be led by the Fianna Fáil leader for the first two-and-a-half years of its term in office.

Some 57% of the party's councillors voted in favour, with 71% of the constituency delegates supporting it.

It got a 90% backing within the parliamentary party, while 85% of the executive council voted in favour.

The results of the Fianna Fáil and Green Party votes are expected in the next few hours.

Fine Gael leader Leo Varadkar said he is confident and hopeful that all three parties will endorse the programme for government today and establish a new administration tomorrow.

blue velvet

Donator
I believe FG's system gives the least say to the membership and councillors. Basically if the Party Leadership want something, they get it.

Anglophile

PI Member
I don't even have to hope ....it's an accepted fact that this proposed government is a coalition of the losers and will be hated from day one
The losers are always the opposition - and Sinn Féin will be leading that group, howling at the moon!!! :ROFLMAO:

Superhans

Administrator
I don't even have to hope ....it's an accepted fact that this proposed government is a coalition of the losers and will be hated from day one
Once the Covid bill starts to hit every home the support for the government will collapse with the blame game beginning.

Top Bottom