Breaking News IRELAND DIVIDED: Varadkar UNDER FIRE for Brexit ‘cock-up’ - Sinn Fein lash out

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads

Mowl

PI Member
Threads
Just read that our cool clean hero Varadkar is live and dangerous here in Helsinki today; I had no idea he was coming up. He had a meeting this morning with PM Juha Sipliä at the official residence and gave a few statements about the backstop issues. Sipilä is claiming to be 100% in support of Ireland's position border-wise and even insists that he can muster the rest of Europe to do likewise.

Hard to tell with Sipilä, though: he tends to be both populist and far right quite comfortably in the present straits.

That said, some of his policies, extreme as they may seem to Irish people, are actually working very well. His 'Active Model' is honestly producing many positives: the basis of the idea being that no person, whether immigrant or native, is allowed languish on social benefits. Everybody must pull their weight and participate in either further schooling and updating of specific skill sets, or else take courses in the relevant areas applicable to each individual case.

In other words: you can be paid a living allowance to study and learn the native language, or you can receive the same for taking up a course that leads to employment further down the line. No person, immigrant or native, is allowed to simply languish on benefits. Hence the term: 'Active Model'.

Were I to have had a chance to meet our Minister for Colourful Socks, it'd have been the first question I'd have asked him about.

Why keep borrowing money to fund long-term unemployment? Why not use the same borrowed money to update and educate unemployed or under-employed people and keep them active within the forward-thinking model? The second question would be to please take a fucking look at the health services up here and ask why they work so unbelievably well on global terms when ours are an utter fucking shambles, yet both are funded from similiar levels of the tax base. There are no persons on trollies in corridors up here; waiting times are a couple of weeks at the most extreme and pretty much immediate the rest of the time. As for homelessness? It doesn't actually exist in real terms: up here, if you're homeless - you die - it's not an agreeable or forgiving climate.

Of course, then there's education, infrastructure, quality of life, happiness quotients, and much more besides.

But I'm thinking Leo's actually here for the photo op, nothing more.

He'll take fuck all hard information back with him: just some jokes about sauna and naked Finns.

The last thing he or any of his cohorts want is new thinking, new ideas, or any change whatsoever to the status quo.

Which makes me wonder what the fuck he's doing up here in the first place.

Hopes of November Brexit deal looking 'less likely with each passing day' - Leo Varadkar - Independent.ie

Threads
What message?

You can’t assess anybody on the basis of a few sentences.

Most Politicians blurt out all kinds of shyte every day.
Indeed that is what they specialize in.

Then a compliant media collect this shyte and distribute it into every household in the country.
Having drenched the country in shyte the cycle repeats itself.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
What message?

You can’t assess anybody on the basis of a few sentences.

Most Politicians blurt out all kinds of shyte every day.
Indeed that is what they specialize in.

Then a compliant media collect this shyte and distribute it into every household in the country.
Having drenched the country in shyte the cycle repeats itself.
it was a ofensive remark that showed insenitivity and hostility to ireland biggest trading partner! i couldn't believe he could be so stupid!

Threads
it was a ofensive remark that showed insenitivity and hostility to ireland biggest trading partner! i couldn't believe he could be so stupid!
Deliberately so.
But the message was aggressive and intended to make the British sit up.

Crude and not really effective because on Brexit the British are playing the the more patient and therefore stronger game.

Threads
It was incredibly stupid.
Imagine if Trump threatened to block Mexican airlines fly over the U.S due to a diplomatic quibble?
The Irish media would have crucified Trump.
But yet they said nothing about Varadkar's threat.
Irish media is a joke.

Threads
Just read that our cool clean hero Varadkar is live and dangerous here in Helsinki today; I had no idea he was coming up. He had a meeting this morning with PM Juha Sipliä at the official residence and gave a few statements about the backstop issues. Sipilä is claiming to be 100% in support of Ireland's position border-wise and even insists that he can muster the rest of Europe to do likewise.

Hard to tell with Sipilä, though: he tends to be both populist and far right quite comfortably in the present straits.

That said, some of his policies, extreme as they may seem to Irish people, are actually working very well. His 'Active Model' is honestly producing many positives: the basis of the idea being that no person, whether immigrant or native, is allowed languish on social benefits. Everybody must pull their weight and participate in either further schooling and updating of specific skill sets, or else take courses in the relevant areas applicable to each individual case.

In other words: you can be paid a living allowance to study and learn the native language, or you can receive the same for taking up a course that leads to employment further down the line. No person, immigrant or native, is allowed to simply languish on benefits. Hence the term: 'Active Model'.

Were I to have had a chance to meet our Minister for Colourful Socks, it'd have been the first question I'd have asked him about.

Why keep borrowing money to fund long-term unemployment? Why not use the same borrowed money to update and educate unemployed or under-employed people and keep them active within the forward-thinking model? The second question would be to please take a fucking look at the health services up here and ask why they work so unbelievably well on global terms when ours are an utter fucking shambles, yet both are funded from similiar levels of the tax base. There are no persons on trollies in corridors up here; waiting times are a couple of weeks at the most extreme and pretty much immediate the rest of the time. As for homelessness? It doesn't actually exist in real terms: up here, if you're homeless - you die - it's not an agreeable or forgiving climate.

Of course, then there's education, infrastructure, quality of life, happiness quotients, and much more besides.

But I'm thinking Leo's actually here for the photo op, nothing more.

He'll take fuck all hard information back with him: just some jokes about sauna and naked Finns.

The last thing he or any of his cohorts want is new thinking, new ideas, or any change whatsoever to the status quo.

Which makes me wonder what the fuck he's doing up here in the first place.

Hopes of November Brexit deal looking 'less likely with each passing day' - Leo Varadkar - Independent.ie
He's looking for his hole.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Deliberately so.
But the message was aggressive and intended to make the British sit up.

Crude and not really effective because on Brexit the British are playing the the more patient and therefore stronger game.
i think it was so out of touch with the long historical relationship with the uk because he's the son of a immigrant. this in my view is the danger of this type of job appointment. never mind the other issues he has!

Top Bottom