IQ and moral worth?

There are plenty of people both black and white who are a bit dim and don't behave violently, the problem is I think is that the capitalist entertainment industry, particularly that part of it which is aimed at black people, encourages values and attitudes that easily lead to violence and other social problems. There is a problem that lower IQ people do seem to be more easily corrupted by degenerate art (in the loosest sense of that term). The Jews I have come across in Ireland don't have a problem at all with the mainstream Catholic Church, they do though have one with the SSPX and the Traditionalists in general.
I've no doubt that there are good Jews, but their leadership is appalling. They're the most radicalised people I have ever known. If it's not money, it's victimhood. They put 88 year old women in prison for questioning holocaustianity. That takes a fair bit of fanaticism, never mind 911.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cultural forces are no doubt ebbing away at relgiousity.
Affluence has played far more of a role in contemporary secularisation than any deep introspection.

But the meta-physical substratum of Catholicism has been obliterated.
Many self-identified Catholics are just glorified Unitarians.
From what I have been able to tell wealth doesn't seem be connected one way or the other to Religious practice in the South of Ireland at least. So I'm not sure I buy into the affluence argument, in fact the higher up the socio-economic ladder you go there does seem a tendency for people to be more Theologically conservative as people are more likely to do independent reading on the subject. Also both Jews and Muslims are becoming generally more and not less Religiously observant in our time. Poland is undergoing a Religious revival. I don't buy the argument that "atheism is unstoppable" however that said I do think that as things stand Ireland is going to continue on becoming more secular.

Heraclitus

PI Member
I've no doubt that there are good Jews, but their leadership is appalling. They're the most radicalised people I have ever known. If it's not money, it's victimhood. They put 88 year old women in prison for questioning holocaustianity. That takes a fair bit of fanaticism, never mind 911.
Blame self hating Germans for that.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have read him, and I think he's just a more intellectual version of David Duke.
Though obviously they are a bit one sided I do think that A People that shall dwell Alone and Separation and It's Discontents are valuable books, The Culture of Critique on the other hand I did find to be verging on David Duke territory and not nearly as impressive.

Heraclitus

PI Member
From what I have been able to tell wealth doesn't seem be connected one way or the other to Religious practice in the South of Ireland at least. So I'm not sure I buy into the affluence argument, in fact the higher up the socio-economic ladder you go there does seem a tendency for people to be more Theologically conservative as people are more likely to do independent reading on the subject. Also both Jews and Muslims are becoming generally more and not less Religiously observant in our time. Poland is undergoing a Religious revival. I don't buy the argument that "atheism is unstoppable" however that said I do think that as things stand Ireland is going to continue on becoming more secular.
Cultural religiosity probably has some steam left in it.
As for Poland, this had more to do with the fall of communism and the feel good factor of having a Polish Pope.
The Czechs, on the other hand, couldn't give a toss about religion.

Across the West, those higher up the socio-economic ladder are far more likely to practice yoga or meditation than re-involve themselves in Christianity.

Future religious practice (if you could call it that) among native Europeans is likely to be synchronistic in character.

Top Bottom