Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Investigation under way after 8 illegal migrants found on ship in Waterford

IrishJohn

PI Member

A garda investigation is under way in Waterford after a number of migrants were found hiding on a ship.

The eight men, who are believed to be from Eastern Europe, are said to be in good health.

The men were discovered by the crew of a bulk cargo ship that had travelled from France to Belview Port, on the River Suir near Waterford city.

The ages and nationalities of the men are not yet known.

Garda immigration officers attached to Waterford Garda Station were alerted and met the men at the port.

They will be processed under Irish immigration law while gardaí say they will continue to investigate all the circumstances.

blue velvet

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I only heard a bit on RTE but i noticed how RTE stressed how they were 'comfortable' they were 'well'. Phewww! I was worried there.
They are shyteing it that a container full of dead migrants will turn up. Hence the reports that all the migrants who turned up at Rosslare were 'in good health'.

BSA

PI Member
This smells to high heaven. Waterford port only deals with small coaster traffic. No way can 8 people hide out on a small ship. with a crew of about 5.
The Port of Waterford now exists only in ballads and folk memories...

The huge container terminal in Bellport a few miles down the river from the city is where the ships now dock..

Storybud2

PI Member
The "Reception Centre" next door to the virtue signalers in Dublin 4 must be full again,,, tut , tut,, it is such a pity as they really, really,
tell us how much they care,,,

It is almost like they would rather send them to the arse end of Ireland,, like Achill or North Leitrim ?? how crazy is that ?

Wait a minute ?

Florence

PI Member
If they are from Eastern Europe (ie EU nationals) why are they entering Ireland this way?

Surely even if they are economic migrants, they could manage a Ryanair fare? I have been getting lots of emails from Ryanair about €5 one way fares for Black Friday etc.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Top Bottom