Interesting Books

bestinclass

PI Member
do Hipsters have tattoos?:oops:

Sorry I've never been that close to one...
They tend to get meaningful quotes they read on the internet on their arms, and then talk, earnestly and incessantly, about them. We have hipsters at work.

yore

Banned
PI Member

Anyone have this or anything from Von List? Thinking of getting in to German-Language Right-Wing esoterica.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
An excellent book about the champ that no one wanted:

Sonny Boy: The Life and Strife of Sonny Liston

Rob Steen

Catalpa

PI Member
Just finished Hitler: Ascent 1889-1939 by Volker Ullrich Drawing on previously unseen papers and new scholarly research, Ullrich charts Hitler’s life from his childhood through his experiences in the First World War and his subsequent rise as a far-right leader. Focusing on the personality behind the policies, Ullrich creates a vivid portrait of a man and his megalomania, political skill, and horrifying worldview. Hitler is a landmark biography with unsettling resonance in these times. Hitler by Volker Ullrich | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

Its a hefty read all right and at 1,000 pages there is a lot to get through but I enjoyed it!

Catalpa

PI Member
Just finished Volume I of R. E. Lee: A Biography, Pulitzer Prize Edition (4 Volume Set) by Douglas Southall Freeman

Brings his story up to the opening months of the Civil War and shows well both the Man and the Soldier

Lee was a professional to his fingertips and a fine Southern Gentleman

But his first loyalty was to Virginia and the USA 2nd

He didn't like slavery and realised it would have to go eventually

- but he resented being told by the Yankees what to do about it.

Top Bottom