Interesting Books

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
I read a book a few years ago called Where the hills ask for your blood by David Belton, who was a BBC journalist in Rwanda during the genocide in 1994. I wasn't very familiar with the genocide but the book gives a very good insight in to the fear the Tutsis experienced when the trouble began, as it is told through a number of people he met while over there. A very harrowing read but I'd definitely recommend it.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Written by a former FDR/New Deal fan after he had his epiphany. It lists in gory detail the outright duplicity that was used to maneuver America into the war and once we were in the thick of it, the steps FDR took to cow the media and smear political opponents. All in all, a fascinating read.

johnhan279

PI Member
SJW always lie and its follow up SJW always double down by Vox Day

Like SJWs Always Lie, SJWs Always Double Down is an invaluable guide to understanding the mindset and unrelenting tactics of the social justice warrior.

maschseemägdelein

Banned
PI Member
SJW always lie and its follow up SJW always double down by Vox Day

Like SJWs Always Lie, SJWs Always Double Down is an invaluable guide to understanding the mindset and unrelenting tactics of the social justice warrior.
This Mister Day sounds like an erudite chap. Reminds me of Hitler's first attempt at naming MK. Like Hitler, perhaps he should have chosen someone else to name his publications. I presume he has similarly impeccable prose.

Catalpa

PI Member
Finished reading Robert Fisk The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East

The US, UK and the French have an awful lot to answer for when it comes to the Middle East. I intend reading more of his books but need a breather after this one. For anyone with an interest in the ME this has to be essential reading.
Good book but a bit too long...

Pity the Nation about the Civil Wars in Lebanon is brilliant as he was there for chunks of it and is a 1st hand experience

He has also written on Ireland too

Truthisfree

PI Member
Good book but a bit too long...

Pity the Nation about the Civil Wars in Lebanon is brilliant as he was there for chunks of it and is a 1st hand experience

He has also written on Ireland too
Yes it could have been shorter, some parts not needed at all, but still a very informative book.

I have 'Pity the Nation'
Robert Fisk on Afghanistan
Robert Fisk on Egypt
Robert Fisk on Algeria

Most likely will read Algeria next, but will leave it a while, this type of reading does not lighten the heart. picoms10

Bill The Boer

PI Member
This is a must read for anyone looking to understand how propaganda today works.

EDIT - Great image, OP. Very cool.

Top Bottom