Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared Inclusion coordinator scammed by diversity, didn’t suspect a thing

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Inclusion coordinator scammed by diversity, didn’t suspect a thing

link

An inclusion coordinator told Liveline how she was scammed out of €800 by someone with an Indian accent behind a Western Union account in Guinea but didn't suspect a thing.

"They are so professional. I would hand on heart say this would never happen to me. I'm dead wide. I was starting my own business supposedly on the first of February...and I said "oh my god, my job is an inclusion coordinator.". The police say to me "did you not suspect when it was an Indian accent?".

I said "My job is equality, inclusion and diversity. I would not make any assumption. We are living in a diverse country. I have SriLankan, Polish, Latvian people — beautiful people — living all around me. I don't make assumptions. Why would I make assumptions?"

Asked whether she was under the impression the scammers were Irish from an Irish bank, the woman said she did because that's what they told her.

The woman said she believed the scammers had collected her information from the internet and knew she was an inclusion coordinator and therefor a soft touch.

full show here: https://files.catbox.moe/kurrjz.mp3

Broadcast: Liveline | RTÉ Radio One | 05 March 2020

Last edited:

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
There was an article in the ST at the weekend about a hacker based in NI who hacked a scamming operation based in India and was able to spy on their activities. He shopped them to the police and got them shut down.

Their modus operandi was ringing someone up and pretending to be from Microsoft and then installing malware on their computer. One of his friends had been stung by these scammers.

Absolute hero.

jpc

PI Member
Inclusion coordinator scammed by diversity, didn’t suspect a thing

link

An inclusion coordinator told Liveline how she was scammed out of €800 by someone with an Indian accent behind a Western Union account in Guinea but didn't suspect a thing.

"They are so professional. I would hand on heart say this would never happen to me. I'm dead wide. I was starting my own business supposedly on the first of February...and I said "oh my god, my job is an inclusion coordinator.". The police say to me "did you not suspect when it was an Indian accent?".

I said "My job is equality, inclusion and diversity. I would not make any assumption. We are living in a diverse country. I have SriLankan, Polish, Latvian people — beautiful people — living all around me. I don't make assumptions. Why would I make assumptions?"

Asked whether she was under the impression the scammers were Irish from an Irish bank, the woman said she did because that's what they told her.

The woman said she believed the scammers had collected her information from the internet and knew she was an inclusion coordinator and therefor a soft touch.

Broadcast: Liveline | RTÉ Radio One | 05 March 2020
Woke and broke
Still a dope!🤣

IrishJohn

PI Member
What did she give them the money for ?

No legit company would use Western Union as a means of payment.

Karloff

PI Member
There was an article in the ST at the weekend about a hacker based in NI who hacked a scamming operation based in India and was able to spy on their activities. He shopped them to the police and got them shut down.

Their modus operandi was ringing someone up and pretending to be from Microsoft and then installing malware on their computer. One of his friends had been stung by these scammers.

Absolute hero.

It's an old scam now, got calls from them about 8 years ago shortly after i had purchased a new computer at Dell. Same thing, we are from Microsoft there is a problem with your computer can you open it up and i will guide you through it...

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
It's an old scam now, got calls from them about 8 years ago shortly after i had purchased a new computer at Dell. Same thing, we are from Microsoft there is a problem with your computer can you open it up and i will guide you through it...
Hello, my name is Rick from Bangalore

IrishJohn

PI Member

lol my parents get those calls almost every week from Indians claiming to be from Microsoft.

Best thing to do is to just keep them on the line for as long as possible just to waste their time.

Catalpa

PI Member

Absolute hero.

I got that one a good few times

- but that was on a landline.

I always just hung up.

Top Bottom