Immigration, Good or Bad ? Open Debate thread.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Apologies if you feel this way, I did ask the moderation team if I could set up this thread as an extensions to my You Tube channel. I was involved in some debate in the comments section but became frustrated that it was hard to follow a particular conversation so I wanted to link the contributors to this site to increase the conversation on both sides.
I hear what Art is saying and he has a very valid point. However, your idea of setting up a thread to discuss your video is a great idea imo.

Heraclitus

PI Member
Ah, I see.

It seems this 'Syormfront' insult is popular among you clowns. Is there an antonym I can throw back at you to make it fair?
Just to clarify.

I'm a Eurosceptic.
I want stricter immigration controls.
I want far more robust assimilation procedures in place for those we let in.
I want to tighten up our asylum policy, perhaps using the Japanese model as an example to follow.

But I am not a racial nationalist.
Whatever about someone born here to non-Irish parents, if someone has an Irish parent then they're Irish, regardless of the other parents origins -- end of story.
I'm not really a fan of the bloke, but Varadkar is Irish.

However, you're entitled to your opinion; we live in a free society (as it bloody well should remain). However, anyone who disagrees with the paragraph above should be tossed out of any self respecting nationalist party.
UKIP has had a similar policy in repsect to former BNP members since they're founding: they're not let in, and if they try to slip through the net they're phucked out on their ear -- which is right and proper.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
No, hence the reason I'm opposed to mass immigration.
But you're going a step further by stating that anyone with non-Irish ancestry isn't Irish.

My preferred policy is very simple: we take in people with skills we need and we grant them citizenship if they make genuine efforts to assimilate. This is the Policy of the French national front, UKIP and all the main Eurosceptic nationalists across Europe.

Geert Wilders , for example, is actually mixed race (he's half Indonesian)
So you're a racial nationalist as I said, the very thing you claimed not to be. If you weren't, you'd see no colour in this debate.

Heraclitus

PI Member
So you're a racial nationalist as I said, the very thing you claimed not to be. If you weren't, you'd see no colour in this debate.
There's quite a gulf between my common sense nationalism and your approach. Consider the following example to help elucidate my point.

Let's say Myles(who I'm assuming is Irish) has a child with a Chinese lady.

Is the Child Irish?
Should the child be entitled to Irish citizenship?
Should the child be barred from certain occupations?

My answers to the above are yes, yes and no respectively. What are yours?

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Mass immigration are the plantations of late modernity. It's designed to displace men and pit other men against each other. It's a cheap labour profiteering scam choreographed by oligarchy and enforced by New Left maniacs who are intent on stoking a national suicide spiral, creating a climate of tension and hostility whilst enforcing syrupy globalist dogma on the pain of judicial penalty and social exclusion. And it is a grave issue worthy of extensive discussion.

Given that this issue is semi-forbidden in the public space, locked away by powerful taboos, it's inevitable that such discussion will surge in the underworld free speech sanctuaries. Some of this discussion will be on point, some of it will be off colour with people ventilating themselves.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Let's say Myles(who I'm assuming is Irish) has a child with a Chinese lady.

Is the Child Irish?
Should the child be entitled to Irish citizenship?
Should the child be barred from certain occupations?

My answers to the above are yes, yes and no respectively. What are yours?
I'm the same as you, which was the old rule- why was it changed?

But Chinese couples arriving on our shores and having babies, doesn't make those babies Irish. And it certainly doesn't make those babies' parents Irish. Alas, our current laws covers both.

Heraclitus

PI Member
I'm the same as you, which was the old rule- why was it changed?

But Chinese couples arriving on our shores and having babies, doesn't make those babies Irish. And it certainly doesn't make those babies' parents Irish. Alas, our current laws covers both.
Then why did you reply to my earlier post as follows:

"Should the office of Taoiseach be restricted to those of pure Irish heritage? Should there be a DNA test to prove racial purity?"

Your reply: sounds good to me.

Top Bottom