Immigration, Good or Bad ? Open Debate thread.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
You people need to face the fact that Ireland is changing, but it is changing for the better into a more progressive , more developed and more accepting nation. It has been proven multiple times that for an economy to succeed it needs Immigrants , go back to before the 90s when they're were no immigrants, Ireland was one of the poorest countries in the world . In two decades due to in no small part immigrants , Ireland has grown into a better and greater nation .
Yes Japan and South Korea are economic basket cases owing to their lack of immigration. And look at China - its lack of immigrants has prevented it from becoming an economic powerhouse in recent years.

Clear evidence that Europes economic future is dependant on its importing millions of culturally incompatible illiterate Muslims and Sub Saharan immigrants.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Censored zone of Political Irish. Soon deported.
Yes Japan and South Korea are economic basket cases owing to their lack of immigration. And look at China - its lack of immigrants has prevented it from becoming an economic powerhouse in recent years.

Clear evidence that Europes economic future is dependant on its importing millions of culturally incompatible illiterate Muslims and Sub Saharan immigrants.
China "imported" its immigrants from its rural areas into the cities where the boom takes place. This might change soon- the population is aging and they might open the floodgates of immigration to keep up the growth level they enjoyed in the past.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
China "imported" its immigrants from its rural areas into the cities where the boom takes place. This might change soon- the population is aging and they might open the floodgates of immigration to keep up the growth level they enjoyed in the past.
Chinas economic policy has being based on lifting its rural population out of poverty. It has been very successful at doing so.

The only way China will ever start importing immigrant workers if instead of being run for the benefit if its local population it undertakes a seismic change of policy and dumps its national identity culture and history and instead starts running itself for the benefit of large corporations and millionaire business leaders as Europe has done.

Can't see it happening.

The Chinese population would never standard for large scale immigration. And good on them for protecting their heritage I say.

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Censored zone of Political Irish. Soon deported.
Chinas economic policy has being based on lifting its rural population out of poverty. It has been very successful at doing so.

The only way China will ever start importing immigrant workers if instead of being run for the benefit if its local population it undertakes a seismic change of policy and dumps its national identity culture and history and instead starts running itself for the benefit of large corporations and millionaire business leaders as Europe has done.

Can't see it happening.

The Chinese population would never standard for large scale immigration. And good on them for protecting their heritage I say.

China is already a multicultural society. Always has been, always will be. I think they would have no difficulties taking in a few million people from (North) Korea or other countries. It does not matter what colour the cat has- as long as it can catch mice it will be welcome.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
China is already a multicultural society. Always has been, always will be. I think they would have no difficulties taking in a few million people from (North) Korea or other countries. It does not matter what colour the cat has- as long as it can catch mice it will be welcome.
I'm sure China could well take a few million North Koreans.

Chinas population is about 300 times the size of Ireland so that would correspond to something like 10,000 in Irelands terms and I would suggest that if Irelands immigrant population consisted of 10,000 people of similar ethnicity/culture (ie Brit/West European) then there would be no suggestion of anyone claiming there was any issues with immigration in Ireland.

As it happens that even back a few decades ago when Ireland "had no immigrants" it had higher numbers than that of ethnically/ culturally similar immigrants with no one ever suggesting that there was a problem.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
I'm sure China could well take a few million North Koreans.

Chinas population is about 300 times the size of Ireland so that would correspond to something like 10,000 in Irelands terms and I would suggest that if Irelands immigrant population consisted of 10,000 people of similar ethnicity/culture (ie Brit/West European) then there would be no suggestion of anyone claiming there was any issues with immigration in Ireland.

As it happens that even back a few decades ago when Ireland "had no immigrants" it had higher numbers than that of ethnically/ culturally similar immigrants with no one ever suggesting that there was a problem.
Statistics?

If I had one foot in a bucket of boiling water, and the other foot in a bucket of ice water, statistically I'd be comfy. So said Pat Spillane.

Plasticpaddy

PI Member
You know it's very easy if someone is bored with posts about immigration,simply stop posting on threads about immigration.Start up your own thread with the topic of your choice.Still seeing as this post is about immigration here goes.Controlled immigration with a sovereign nation deciding who comes in GOOD.Immigration where control is lost and outside bodies such as the EU saying there must be freedom of movement BAD.The whole politically correct multicultural society has failed.In England we have the farce of a Sikh British couple being told they cannot adopt a white child.Before that we've had white British couples being told they cannot adopt non white children.This makes nonsense of the multicultural message that we should all get along regardless of our race and heritage.Pure madness.

Heraclitus

PI Member
But Ireland is flooded with Indians and Pakistanis, with more coming in by the day, and we do have an Indian Taoiseach, these are statements of fact. What pisses you off about it?
We have a half Indian Taoiseach.

Should the office of Taoiseach be restricted to those of pure Irish heritage? Should there be a DNA test to prove racial purity?

Top Bottom