Immigration, Good or Bad ? Open Debate thread.

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
It doesn't mean they did rank it at number 2 either. All we know for sure is that for 62% of people immigration was NOT their main concern.
???? So what?? It doesn't change the FACT that for 62% of people immigration is NOT their biggest concern.
I have never supported censorship. I am also dead against mass immigration. All I am suggesting is that these topics be confined to a section of the forum and not be allowed to totally dominate it, by for example, people interjecting racist / xenophobic comments in just about every thread no matter what the subject matter.
Asked about their main concerns, immigration remains on top of the issues facing the EU most frequently cited by citizens (45%,-3 percentage points since spring 2016). Terrorism (32%,-7) remains the second most frequently cited item. It is well ahead of the economic situation (20%,+1), the state of Member States' public finances (17%, +1) and unemployment (16%,+1). Immigration is number one concern for the EU in all Member States, except Spain and Portugal.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-4493_en.htm

So immigration is no.1.
Terrorism is no.2.

hmm, wonder if there is a connection there.....

And most posts on immigration go into a section called 'immigration and refugees' so wish granted.
http://www.politicalirish.com/forums/immigration-refugees.191/

Real Europe

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FFS :confused:

And this thread is because there aren't already enough threads on this forum discussing immigration???????? :rolleyes:

We are beginning to make Stormfront look like a bunch of moderate liberals.

If the administrators of this site don't get a handle on this by at least lumping all of these 'immigrant / Islam' threads into 1 or 2 master threads and stopping the racist fanatics from derailing other threads then membership here is very unlikely to ever take off. New visitors are put off when they think they have stumbled onto Stormfront by accident. Longer term members such as myself are also being put off.

It has become nigh on impossible to discuss anything at all on this forum without the resident racists jumping in and turning it into yet another immigrant thread as happened recently on a thread about cricket of all things.
Apologies if you feel this way, I did ask the moderation team if I could set up this thread as an extensions to my You Tube channel. I was involved in some debate in the comments section but became frustrated that it was hard to follow a particular conversation so I wanted to link the contributors to this site to increase the conversation on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Apologies if you feel this way, I did ask the moderation team if I could set up this thread as an extensions to my You Tube channel. I was involved in some debate in the comments secrtion but because frustrated that it was hard to follow a particular conversation so I wanted to link the contributors to this site to increase the conversation on both sides.

A chara, no need to feel sorry about anything. No one poster has the right to dictate to others what they should be interested in. It's up to the admin team to make any editorial decisions - not ordinary members. Art and his ilk have every opportunity to write OPs expressing their own views. But, instead, they haunt other people's work and snipe from the sidelines. Hurlers on the ditch, they are called. You are doing great work for our nation - here and on You Tube. I commend you.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
This just pissed me off. There is no thread on any subject this particular poster will not pollute with his vitriolic bile.
But Ireland is flooded with Indians and Pakistanis, with more coming in by the day, and we do have an Indian Taoiseach, these are statements of fact. What pisses you off about it?

El Chaval.

PI Member
Regarding the O.P
I think a little immigration is healthy. But, it must be tightly controlled and people need to be vetted.
You should be expected to provide proof of sufficient funds, a clear criminal record, a job offer, a place to stay and a limited probation time after which your case is reviewed.
I also think if you are involved in prison-worthy criminality then you must be deported straight after release.
I also think the numbers coming in should be based on our employment figures and adjusted accordingly.
I also think businesses should only be allowed to hire one foreign worker for every five Irish workers they employ.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Lookit - when it comes to Immigration, 80% Voted in favour of Restricting Immigration in 2004 but RTE & the Irish Times constantly undermine that.

You will always get a lot of that 80% expressing their position either on this Site or in the Journal Comments Feed etc...

R

Rory

Non Registered Member
You people need to face the fact that Ireland is changing, but it is changing for the better into a more progressive , more developed and more accepting nation. It has been proven multiple times that for an economy to succeed it needs Immigrants , go back to before the 90s when they're were no immigrants, Ireland was one of the poorest countries in the world . In two decades due to in no small part immigrants , Ireland has grown into a better and greater nation .

El Chaval.

PI Member
You people need to face the fact that Ireland is changing, but it is changing for the better into a more progressive , more developed and more accepting nation. It has been proven multiple times that for an economy to succeed it needs Immigrants , go back to before the 90s when they're were no immigrants, Ireland was one of the poorest countries in the world . In two decades due to in no small part immigrants , Ireland has grown into a better and greater nation .
If immigrants are needed for a successful economy, why is the EU trying to chuck theirs into Poland and Hungary???
Hmmm?

T

Ticket 07

Non Registered Member
We'll be facing sweet FA, Rory.

There will be another Referendum like the Citizenship Referendum or Brexit & we'll win again easy.

Ireland has never been in so much Debt, Danger & instability.
Who is holding the referendum? Nobody has even mentioned such. You are living in dream land. If you ever do manage to hold this referendum it will already be too late.

Top Bottom