• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Real Europe Immigrant invasion of Ireland

TW Tone

PI Member
In my younger years Hot Press was, or wanted to be, the slightly edgy goto place for info on music, gigs etc. It also forayed into slightly edgy politics-- remember the Haughey interview.

I hadn't seen it for decades until recently.
To my disgust it is now full of bland asylum seeker stories and attacks on Direct Provision.

When did that happen?

BSA

PI Member
In my younger years Hot Press was, or wanted to be, the slightly edgy goto place for info on music, gigs etc. It also forayed into slightly edgy politics-- remember the Haughey interview.

To my disgust it is now full of bland asylum seeker stories and attacks on Direct Provision.

When did that happen?
The Hot Press was always like some 60 year old geezer in a Rolling Stones T shirt..

What's the target audience..?

I can't imagine any young person reading it..can you?

Hanging on desperately for the promised newspaper dole would be my guess..

blue velvet

When did that happen?
It was kind of relevant in the 80's. But that kind of leftism nowadays? That's not anti-establishment. That is the establishment.

Hot Press was actually superb in the '80s. World class. John Waters was a leading light FFS.

Peter Schlemihl

PI Member
Just look at the Irish Times trying to put a positive spin on these appalling figures. Pure propaganda

The final word for the NGO, as always. I’d add that the Government considers South Africa a ‘safe’ country of origin as well. If the Irish Times are noting that Albania and Georgia have that status, then they should note that South Africa has that status also.

Top Bottom