Im calling it now, Mays deal will just pass.

Dan72

PI Member
December 72 is going to Bind Theresa with a Tweet :ROFLMAO:
You don't understand British politics, you don't even bloody understand Irish politics.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You have been told time and time again no deal is not on the table.

You are in denial. A bit like those ERG members in the above tweet who need sectioning.

trainwreck

PI Member
Previously I had claimed that there was no chance of a No deal Brexit happening, just too many forces against it.

After today's latest fiasco I am now revising my projection to say that I can see no other option that a No deal Brexit happening on March 29th.

What we now know.

March 29th is still the legal date of Brexit.
The Prime minister will seek an Extension until June 30th.
The European Union will allow a conditional extension based on Mays deal passing.

Scenarios.

1) - The EU officially inform may that an extension will be granted providing she wins a new vote in the houses of Parliament.

May manages somehow to override the speaker Bercow and holds a 3rd vote on her deal. Yet again her deal fails, the EU will not honour any extension.

May has two choices, no deal Brexit or removing Article 50, the UK remains a permanent member of the EU.

2) Parliament pass her vote, the UK plans to leave by June 30th.

3) May loses her vote, the EU give an extension without conditions May needs Parliament to remove the legal date of March 29th and make June 30th the new legal date. Parliament refuse to support a new legal date of exit. The vote to extend article 50 is voted down. UK leaves March 29th or Article 50 is removed, and the UK remains a permeant member of the EU.

I do not envisage May getting her vote past in parliament, I do not envisage parliament voting for a new legal day of exit, and I do not see May revoking article 50. Thus, this leaves only one option, the UK leaves with a No deal on March 29th.
I’m gong the other way. I saw No Deal on 12 April (the short extension with a failed MV3) as the most likely outcome as of 48 hours ago. After the latest Parliamentary shenanigans, I see MV3 not proceedingvto vote, because The Commons has taken control over government, with Parliament instead petitioning for repeal of Article 50, which the EU will agree to.

The EU will take the opportunity to extract extra flesh from the UK, including the extra £39billion in cash that would have been part of May’s deal.

The UK will go into open revolt. 50% of all sitting Labor and Tory MPs will lose their seats at an immediate GE as the government collapses and Westminster will become an unmanageable faction dominated rabble, unable to patch together any semblance of government.

Well done Remoaners, you destroyed a country.

hehaw hehaw

PI Member
I’m gong the other way. I saw No Deal on 12 April (the short extension with a failed MV3) as the most likely outcome as of 48 hours ago. After the latest Parliamentary shenanigans, I see MV3 not proceedingvto vote, because The Commons has taken control over government, with Parliament instead petitioning for repeal of Article 50, which the EU will agree to.

The EU will take the opportunity to extract extra flesh from the UK, including the extra £39billion in cash that would have been part of May’s deal.

The UK will go into open revolt. 50% of all sitting Labor and Tory MPs will lose their seats at an immediate GE as the government collapses and Westminster will become an unmanageable faction dominated rabble, unable to patch together any semblance of government.

Well done Remoaners, you destroyed a country.
You could well be right. Already I take no notice of remainiacs. If I happened upon one drowning in I would throw it a brick. looking forward to civil unrest and vandalization of Government / Public properties. The irony being it is leavers who pay the bills as remainiacs are mostly the sedentary public sector employees who don't produce any wealth. I pay their wages, holiday pay; pay their tax and pensions all from my income, for a bunch of flat arse parasites in public sector offices. I don't mind those who toil in the public sector but most of these jobs are outsourced to the private sector while the flat arses remain in their place.

Cassandra Syndrome

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have changed the thread title to my current projection.

May will manage to just pass her deal, after April 12th she will resign and a Brexiteer will become PM.

Dan72

PI Member
I have changed the thread title to my current projection.

May will manage to just pass her deal, after April 12th she will resign and a Brexiteer will become PM.
I actually think this would be the best outcome, well not sure a Brexiter us needed as PM.
The result is respected, yes it's not the full blown Brexit that Brexiters wanted but it's partially Brexit.

It is important for Ireland the backstop is there.

And it will give the DUP a well deserved bloody nose.

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
I actually think this would be the best outcome, well not sure a Brexiter us needed as PM.
The result is respected, yes it's not the full blown Brexit that Brexiters wanted but it's partially Brexit.

It is important for Ireland the backstop is there.

And it will give the DUP a well deserved bloody nose.
Apparently, the Brexiteers believe they can negotiate a better deal for trade during the 2 year period, one that will solve the NI issue.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
You can walk from the Backstop Unpenalised & Non lawfully which is not Illegally :ROFLMAO:

Much ado about nothing but why not hit the Dirts for more ;)

Top Bottom