Site Notice IFP Apply for Official Registration with Ireland's Top Academic & IFP Chairwoman Professor Dolores Cahill to stand in Ireland South

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Excellent. The media will be in meltdown trying to work out ways to discredit and ignore her.

George Dillon

PI Member
As someone who isn't a member, but may well be soon, I have a minor suggestion.

The Harp emblem of the party is very attractive.

The United Irishmen 200+ years ago also used a Harp emblem.
Underneath theirs ran the slogan:

"It is new strung and shall be heard".

I suggest that phrase be added to the Irexit Harp.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
As someone who isn't a member, but may well be soon, I have a minor suggestion.

The Harp emblem of the party is very attractive.

The United Irishmen 200+ years ago also used a Harp emblem.
Underneath theirs ran the slogan:

"It is new strung and shall be heard".

I suggest that phrase be added to the Irexit Harp.

That's the emblem now for An Phoblacht. Still, I doubt if An Phoblacht has any copyright on it.

DrPat2

PI Member
Good coup for Hermann and colleagues. Also puts it up to Justin, James and co. in the NP whose political message is more considered and substantive, imo. I wouldn't be advocating immeidate departure from the EU although I definitely favour a healthy dose of Eurosceptism and would like to see Ireland free to make her own trade deals. Aside from the personalities involved, is Irexit a party for more socially 'liberal' patriots and the National Party for more traditonally conservative nationalists?

Last edited:

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Irexit want Ireland to control Ireland's Borders, the NP (who have no Registration Pending or Media Profile) want the EU to control Ireland's Borders.

DrPat2

PI Member
Irexit want Ireland to control Ireland's Borders, the NP (who have no Registration Pending or Media Profile) want the EU to control Ireland's Borders.
You are entitled to push Irexit Freedom Party but I think you should make sure of your facts. Neither party is registered yet as a Political Party and, from posts on this website, both parties are attempting to secure that registration. I would dispute your categorisation of NP not having a media profile. They have on youtube but obviously the media are studiously ignoring Barrett. As for your comment about the NP wanting the EU to control Ireland's borders - that is plainly disingenuous politicking and risible. It clearly flies in face of the very rationale of the Party. For the record, I am not a member of the NP and I would not subscribe to some of its tenets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom