If your child was gay...

rus

If your Child was Gay....
I must say, as a young straight person looking on at the debate, I am astounded at the vitriol being unleashed on the gay community from not only society but on this website too.

It seems that those who spout homophobic rhetoric are the ones most obsessed by the topic.

I simply live by the motto, live and let live.

It led me to asking myself, if I have a gay child in the future, what would I do?
For a start, I would wish them the very best in life and would do my best to ensure they have the equality of opportunity every child deserves.

But...the scary thing is, given the average number of gay people, (what is it, 5%?) there are going to be many homophobic posters here and in society at large having gay children.

One wonders what they would do in that instance. Would they disown their child simply because they have not fulfilled their normative wishes for them, or would they suddenly get a change of heart?

I am interested in whether any of you have had gay children or for gay posters, what the experience for you was like.

At least, crowds like the Iona Institute will die out by the time Generation Y comes into a position of influence.

I had this debate the other day with a friend of mine.
I posed the question, "Would you rather have a gay son or a Down Syndrome son."
My friend said he'd prefer a gay son. I said nothing, acknowledged his right and then I said I'd prefer a Down Syndrome son.
He then said, "What? Are you homophobic?"
I laughed in his face and reminded him that I had not called him a slur for not wanting a disabled son.
He was hoisted by his own petard.

D

Deleted member 2348

Non Registered Member
You are confusing the ordinary gay who goes about his business discretely, with the Gaystapo who violently force their ideology on others.
Ther isn't any gaystabo.

It's you who are confused.

You're not a Stalinist either, much though you might wish it.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
So you would be OK with non violent gays, holding hands in your town, living openly? Something tells me not judging from your previous posts.

Notice that I used the word "discrete." It is unmanly for men to hold hands in public - unless they are engaged in diplomacy - as when Respected Marshal Kim Jung Un took the land of the South Korean leader. Children should not be subjected to unmanly behaviour.

Top Bottom