Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

if yeats had written a novel what would it have been like

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Not Yeats, but Joyce had a go at writing novels. I started reading Portrait of the Artist. To be honest, life is too short to waste more time seeing that through to the end. I can only but imagine what tripe in contained within Ulysses. Joyce, not half the novelist that Walter Macken was.

The Tuath .

PI Member
Not Yeats, but Joyce had a go at writing novels. I started reading Portrait of the Artist. To be honest, life is too short to waste more time seeing that through to the end. I can only but imagine what tripe in contained within Ulysses. Joyce, not half the novelist that Walter Macken was.
His short novels are quite good in fairness , I haven't attempted Ulysses or Finnegans Wake .

OP
Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei

Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei

PI Member
Restricted
His short novels are quite good in fairness , I haven't attempted Ulysses or Finnegans Wake .
if you like swift you may like joyce - they're both satirists of sorts - ill stick with yeats when it comes to Ireland though - I predominantly read English verse though

Top Bottom