if yeats had written a novel what would it have been like

Esatdigiwank

PI Member
It would probably start off as an hallucination like this: “The cleaning lady on the staircase was foreign. Not Macedonian, that l could tell..”

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
I'd say it would have been very interesting. I still think his plays are the only Irish drama really worth talking about - with the exception of the Playboy of the Western World, which is also first rate.

The Tuath .

PI Member
If it was to be anything like his poetry , we're better off not knowing ! Was he related to Eddie Yeats , the Coronation St binman ?? O' Casey is the man for me .

The Tuath .

PI Member
Those "brogues" were posh actors trying to be Oirish my friend , the so called Abbey Actors . O'Casey's Dublin plays are brilliant when read in the Dublin working class accent , and hard to understand if you don't have an ear for it . Yeats was a posh AngloIrish chap , not a real Irishman at all .

OP
Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei
Those "brogues" were posh actors trying to be Oirish my friend , the so called Abbey Actors . O'Casey's Dublin plays are brilliant when read in the Dublin working class accent , and hard to understand if you don't have an ear for it . Yeats was a posh AngloIrish chap , not a real Irishman at all .
yeah but yeats places his esthetic at the centre of the irish historical mythos - in this he is esthetically actually much more historically irish than O'Casey who focusses mainly on a very specific part of Dublin only - but I like yeats for other reasons than just that

The Tuath .

PI Member
yeah but yeats places his esthetic at the centre of the irish historical mythos - in this he is esthetically actually much more historically irish than O'Casey who focusses mainly on a very specific part of Dublin only - but I like yeats for other reasons than just that
Hmm , for what was left of Irish mythos by the time of Yeats ?? I get what you're saying though . I think O'Casey was a brilliant playwright ,and his plays are very true to what was happening at the time so they are historic too . I'm a working class Dub so I might be a little biased , lol . Have you read Swift ?? I see so many parallels in his writing with the Ireland and Dublin of today .

OP
Schwarzkunst-Zauberlei
Hmm , for what was left of Irish mythos by the time of Yeats ?? I get what you're saying though . I think O'Casey was a brilliant playwright ,and his plays are very true to what was happening at the time so they are historic too . I'm a working class Dub so I might be a little biased , lol . Have you read Swift ?? I see so many parallels in his writing with the Ireland and Dublin of today .
I read gullivers travels that is all - I don't like that kind of satirical writing

Top Bottom