I told you so about Irexit candidates in the Euros, hammer hammer blow

OP
Dan72

Dan72

DEPORTED
60% of the Irish economy is based on the English economy. That's a hard economic fact that will force Ireland out of the EU. All the quicker if there's a no deal Brexit.
Stop posting nonsense.

Ireland is staying put.

You guys on this forum haven't a clue.

luggage

PI Member

Macushla

PI Member
Mills is way off the mark.

A candidate's defeat does not mean the idea they promote is necessarily unpopular. There are many reasons why a candidate may or may not win. Factors such as name recognition, media access, canvassing, etc. are probably what caused the biggest blow to Hermann Kelly.

I doubt Irexit is in currency with much of the Irish People. But euroscepticism more broadly is.

As well, Hermann barely ran on an anti-immigration platform.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Interesting article, especially the bit about 10% of exports to the UK and the EU accounting for 52%. Where did you get your figure from?

It would be interesting to see those stats broken down by domestic enterprises versus multinationals. I would suspect that the percentage of the exports of domestic enterprises that goes to the UK is a lot higher than 10 per cent.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Mills is way off the mark.

A candidate's defeat does not mean the idea they promote is necessarily unpopular. There are many reasons why a candidate may or may not win. Factors such as name recognition, media access, canvassing, etc. are probably what caused the biggest blow to Hermann Kelly.

I doubt Irexit is in currency with much of the Irish People. But euroscepticism more broadly is.

As well, Hermann barely ran on an anti-immigration platform.
He said he was anti-immigrant not anti-immigration. I have relatively very low negative ethno-centrism but I am against mass immigration for a variety of reasons a lot of which are not essentially connected to ethno-nationalism. There was nothing anti-immigrant about Herman's campaign and until people can produce evidence I think we have to believe that Herman Kelly is not anti-immigrant as such. Basically it was vulgar slander.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
60% of the Irish economy is based on the English economy. That's a hard economic fact that will force Ireland out of the EU. All the quicker if there's a no deal Brexit.
I think something you are forgetting is that the Free State Ruling Elites are not just ideologically but emotionally and psychologically as well committed to the EU. I think this basically comes down to a fear of the responsibility that would come with national freedom.

luggage

PI Member
It would be interesting to see those stats broken down by domestic enterprises versus multinationals. I would suspect that the percentage of the exports of domestic enterprises that goes to the UK is a lot higher than 10 per cent.
Why? only 10% of exports went to the UK, not the 60% claimed. 52% went to the EU. Is this not a good thing, as it shows exporters have diversified and trying to insulate themselves from a potential impact?

Una

Donator
PI Member
A waste of time this thread,

When Rté allow real debate with ALL the candidates, & White vans are not Moving Around the ballot boxes, & Counting begins right after closing with verified citizens, ONLY Then will this thread be valid.

darkhorse3

PI Member
Rubbish
We buy more from the Brits than they do from us.
They need us more than we need them.

Wolf

PI Member
Stop posting nonsense.

Ireland is staying put.

You guys on this forum haven't a clue.
You could always head back over to p.ie, hammer.... ;)
Unless Mount Street HQ have instructed you to post here?