I nDil Cuimhne - Bloody Sunday Croke Park Nov 21st 1920

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Bloody Sunday Commemoration before Dublin and Tipperary Final 21.11.1965

On this day, 21 November, in 1920, foreign occupation forces broke into Croke Park and began firing indiscriminately into the crowd watching Dublin play Tipperary. Eleven were murdered instantly and scores injured. Three more died of their injuries later. The invaders took out two Republican POWs on the same day and murdered them, along with a civilian who they thought might be an IRA Volunteer. This mass murder attack was a reprisal for Michael Collins' Squad having executed the Cairo Gang on the same morning in a co-ordinated operation across the city. The Cairo Gang were a group of English assassins that had been brought in to assassinate the elected representatives of the Irish people.

The names of the victims of the Croke Park mass shooting are,

• Jane Boyle (26) Dublin
  • James Burke (44) Dublin
  • Daniel Carroll (30) Tipperary (died 23 November)
  • Michael Feery (40) Dublin
  • Michael ‘Mick’ Hogan (24) Tipperary
  • Tom Hogan (19) Limerick (died 26 November)
  • James Matthews (38) Dublin
  • Patrick O’Dowd (57) Dublin
  • Jerome O’Leary (10) Dublin
  • William Robinson (11) Dublin (died 23 November)
  • Tom Ryan (27) Wexford
  • John William Scott (14) Dublin
  • James Teehan (26) Tipperary
  • Joe Traynor (21) Dublin
The IRA POWs tortured and murdered at Dublin Castle were,

Óglach Dick McKee (27), Briogáid Báile Átha Cliath
Óglach Peadar Clancy (32), Briogáid Báile Átha Cliath

The civilian tortured and murdered at Dublin Castle was,

Conor Clune (27) Clare

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a n-anam dílis.

I won't bother to mention the names of the English dogs who were exterminated by Collins and the Squad, but I'm sure some West Brit will be along to do it - and the Blue Shirts will be putting their names up with the rest of the Black and Tans in Glasnevin on the Wall of Shame.

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
Appleby, near the Clarendon, as you've said TG a Million times- Ziomatrix.

Last edited:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
Last edited:

Bloody Sunday Commemoration before Dublin and Tipperary Final 21.11.1965

On this day, 21 November, in 1920, foreign occupation forces broke into Croke Park and began firing indiscriminately into the crowd watching Dublin play Tipperary. Eleven were murdered instantly and scores injured. Three more died of their injuries later. The invaders took out two Republican POWs on the same day and murdered them, along with a civilian who they thought might be an IRA Volunteer. This mass murder attack was a reprisal for Michael Collins' Squad having executed the Cairo Gang on the same morning in a co-ordinated operation across the city. The Cairo Gang were a group of English assassins that had been brought in to assassinate the elected representatives of the Irish people.

The names of the victims of the Croke Park mass shooting are,

• Jane Boyle (26) Dublin
  • James Burke (44) Dublin
  • Daniel Carroll (30) Tipperary (died 23 November)
  • Michael Feery (40) Dublin
  • Michael ‘Mick’ Hogan (24) Tipperary
  • Tom Hogan (19) Limerick (died 26 November)
  • James Matthews (38) Dublin
  • Patrick O’Dowd (57) Dublin
  • Jerome O’Leary (10) Dublin
  • William Robinson (11) Dublin (died 23 November)
  • Tom Ryan (27) Wexford
  • John William Scott (14) Dublin
  • James Teehan (26) Tipperary
  • Joe Traynor (21) Dublin
The IRA POWs tortured and murdered at Dublin Castle were,

Óglach Dick McKee (27), Briogáid Báile Átha Cliath
Óglach Peadar Clancy (32), Briogáid Báile Átha Cliath

The civilian tortured and murdered at Dublin Castle was,

Conor Clune (27) Clare

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a n-anam dílis.

I won't bother to mention the names of the English dogs who were exterminated by Collins and the Squad, but I'm sure some West Brit will be along to do it - and the Blue Shirts will be putting their names up with the rest of the Black and Tans in Glasnevin on the Wall of Shame.

A GREAT movie about Collins AND the conflict.... unfortunately, was NEVER made, (IMHO) anyway. And a better subject would be hard to find. I've only ever read one book about Collins, "The Big Fellow". But I think one could write a terrific screenplay, right from the book, changing or exaggerating very little! Anyway, the extermination of the squad could be filmed just like the vengeance murders in The Godfather. Only this would be something that actually happened. I never saw the Whole 'Neeson' film about Collins,.... seemed O.K., BUT I think Scorcese could have made a masterpiece. But what always struck me, was that in making any film about any dramatic historical happening or Person....There almost always has to be some sequence editing or changes to make a great film. But following Collins it seemed that you would only have to leave certain things out to make a great film. (Any thoughts??)

A GREAT movie about Collins AND the conflict.... unfortunately, was NEVER made, (IMHO) anyway. And a better subject would be hard to find. I've only ever read one book about Collins, "The Big Fellow". But I think one could write a terrific screenplay, right from the book, changing or exaggerating very little! Anyway, the extermination of the squad could be filmed just like the vengeance murders in The Godfather. Only this would be something that actually happened. I never saw the Whole 'Neeson' film about Collins,.... seemed O.K., BUT I think Scorcese could have made a masterpiece. But what always struck me, was that in making any film about any dramatic historical happening or Person....There almost always has to be some sequence editing or changes to make a great film. But following Collins it seemed that you would only have to leave certain things out to make a great film. (Any thoughts??)

Have to Apologize for posting this reply, on this tread! Much too serious a topic for Movie talk.....Just got a bit carried away!