I Must Away Now, I Can No Longer Tarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Carlton-Hogge

PI Member
The stults might have taken over this forum for good. Rick, Hans and YoungDan might be already in a gulag in North Korea!
Could that be possible Olli.

I did notice a certain reversion to type and an increase in arrogance about the place.

If the forum is seized in a bloodless coup, we may be in trouble.

Wolf

PI Member
The madness continues.
Dan, get your arse back here and sort this individual out...pronto.
Enough of this trolling bullscutter.
All posts reported.

Paddy Porter

PI Member
Let's remember Dan for the good work that he has done in making our site a better and more inclusive place......a minutes silence has been arranged for noon today.....please observe ..

Saul Goodman

PI Member
Through the Grace and Mystery of the Holy Spirit, I have been made privy to Dan's last will and testament. Please respect the wishes of the deceased. As was the case of his hero, George Washington, the faithfully departed requested a three-day wake with burial to ensue at sundown on Wednesday, approximately 7:47 EDT.

Trolls, shitlibs, Gay Dissos and Loyalists are warned to make a wide berth around the obsequies, lest they be seized upon and fitted with concrete galoshes.

wise decision :sisi3:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
The madness continues.
Dan, get your arse back here and sort this individual out...pronto.
Enough of this trolling bullscutter.
All posts reported.
Weren't you the one who referred to him as a Yank? Hurtful comments like that likely put the poor man in his grave. After all, his great-grandfather was from Galway...

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Hmmm.... sure sure.... riding around in a pony and trap and being under the thumb of the clergy was way better, I’m sure some miss the bad roads, ability to travel, education chances, jobs, the romantic candle light, putting the clothes through the ‘mangle’ and all that.

Shure why wouldn’t they.
Your image is unrecognisable from my experience growing up in the 70s/80s.
I was never on a pony and trap, I was taught by the Christian Brothers and got a far better education than kids get today, there was no motorways so what, sure people travelled abroad (albeit less frequently than now and with more boats and trains and less planes).
Back then a single job could bring up a big family, the only candlelight I remember was during a couple of strikes by the ESB (as kids they were great fun) and yes we did have a washing machine albeit it one that would look like something out of the ark nowadays.

I will concede that you are right there werent the useless University degrees that are now available to everyone irrespective of academic ability or aptitude.

I have never met anyone who was around those days who think life is better nowadays.

Wolf

PI Member
I was never on a pony and trap, I was taught by the Christian Brothers and got a far better education than kids get today, there was no motorways so what, sure people travelled abroad (albeit less frequently than now and with more boats and trains and less planes).
Back then a single job could bring up a big family, the only candlelight I remember was during a couple of strikes by the ESB (as kids they were great fun) and yes we did have a washing machine albeit it one that would look like something out of the ark nowadays.

I will concede that you are right there werent the useless University degrees that are now available to everyone irrespective of academic ability or aptitude.

I have never met anyone who was around those days who think life is better nowadays.
You're talking about Ireland, yer man grew up a yank!
He's not even Irish, FFS.:ROFLMAO:

Toby Carlton-Hogge

PI Member

Of course it is.

I wasn’t referring to the 70s 80s

Paddy Porter

PI Member
darkhorse3 said:
Thats excludes downstream supply chain and service industry jobs
And the vast bulk of our agricultural output is bought by foreigners
just get out of Ireland you zionist snake .....there's nothing here for you

In bold is a reply to a post by darkhorse3...did someone say the ethos on our site was "friendship" ??

darkhorse3

PI Member
just get out of Ireland you zionist snake .....there's nothing here for you

In bold is a reply to a post by darkhorse3...did someone say the ethos on our site was "friendship" ??
What has friendship got to do with anything?
Duh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom