I Must Away Now, I Can No Longer Tarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Carlton-Hogge

PI Member
Lot of folk seem to want to live in the past around here.

You gotta move on is this posters opinion,

Now excuse me ,I have to make the settle bed, clear the porkers outa the scullery, put the turf on the fire and hang the pot of stew over the fire for the breakfast.

Arty E

Donator
PI Member

Now excuse me ,I have to make the settle bed, clear the porkers outa the scullery, put the turf on the fire and hang the pot of stew over the fire for the breakfast.
Maybe put together a list of successes that Varadkar has had since becoming a Taoiseach while having your brekkie.???

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member

Strikes me that all the people who come out with this line are young people who have been fed the narrative that the past was intolerable by people with vested interests in the changes of recent decades, eg RTE broadcasters who are on five if not ten times the salary they would be on if things had remained the same. .

This narrative is unrecognisable to people who were actually around in those "bad old days" who invariably will believe that life was far better back then.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Tarry used by the BLack Gang road builders ,who have laid it in the hollows and laid it in the flat and if it doesn't last a thousand years they'll surely eat their hat.
Developed by a Scottish inventor McAdam, and made from a residue of Oil refining, mixed with aggregate.

darkhorse3

PI Member
I always liked this song. It represents an Ireland past. I dedicate it to all the posters here who wish to preserve what once was.
If you were that stuck in the past, you wouldn't be posting messages to anonymous strangers on political websites
The past is gone so get over it
It wasn't all that rosy in those days anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom