"I hardly saw any Irish people" American woman describes her time in Dublin

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At least this American lady seems to know what an Irish person looks and doesn't look like
Tell that to the suicidalists on other fora who claim that there is no historic or genetic basis for being Irish. Simply standing on our magic soil apparently turns one Irish immediately. It is the neo-pagan version of 'transubstantiation' I guess. Ireland is now just a name on a map, a zone of economic activity to which any and all can come and become instantly Irish as result of desire and government paper-work. It is just another identity in the neo-babel chaos of modern identity politics.

Shoneen

PI Member
There is a serious political vacuum in this country. I'm not convinced any of the traditional parties have a vision for Ireland beyond ensuring that multinational corporations are happy to do business here.

And the irresponsible nutjobs on the left are just that. Free to spout all sorts of trite populist nonsense with no fear of having to actually justify it under anything but the most superficial scrutiny from our media.

Meanwhile we stand for nothing and present ourselves with all the backbone and gravitas of a needy "influencer" looking for likes on social media.

Top Bottom