• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

COVID-19 I got my Covid-19 vaccine yesterday!

Olli Rehn

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
Hi folks,

I got my first Covid vaccination dose yesterday. It all went very quickly. We got a call from our GP offering my wife a shot on Thursday afternoon. When he heard that I had not been vaccinated yet, he told her to bring me along.
There was a good amount of people waiting in front of the surgery and we joined the crowd. After 15 minutes or so it was our turn and we got called in. Within less than 5 minutes we got our shots of Pfizer/Biontec. I felt nothing when I got the injection.
We were asked to sit down in a room with some others for about 15 minutes. Everyone was very relaxed. We left afterwards and went home.
No side effects since. I am as fit as ever. Tried to find any trace of an injection on my arm- nada. Same with my wife. She says that her upper arm is a wee bit painful. Nothing more.
We see the doc again in 4 weeks time for our second and final shot.
I keep you informed about anything happening.

So- come and join the crowd. We beat the virus together!

Volatire

PI Member
Apr 11, 2020
Hi folks,

I got my first Covid vaccination dose yesterday. It all went very quickly. We got a call from our GP offering my wife a shot on Thursday afternoon. When he heard that I had not been vaccinated yet, he told her to bring me along.
There was a good amount of people waiting in front of the surgery and we joined the crowd. After 15 minutes or so it was our turn and we got called in. Within less than 5 minutes we got our shots of Pfizer/Biontec. I felt nothing when I got the injection.
We were asked to sit down in a room with some others for about 15 minutes. Everyone was very relaxed. We left afterwards and went home.
No side effects since. I am as fit as ever. Tried to find any trace of an injection on my arm- nada. Same with my wife. She says that her upper arm is a wee bit painful. Nothing more.

Fucking geriatrics.

Lola90

PI Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi folks,

Fair play to you. Do you want a blue peter badge? Would you be as open about your personal health had you got a boil lanced from your arse?

gijoe

PI Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi folks,

If you fall under a bus next week it will be the vaccine's fault!!

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
Nov 6, 2020

The Equaliser

PI Member
PI Member
Feb 3, 2018
As a front line healthcare worker, I thought it only moral, right, ethical and proper to put the public that I have the privilege to serve in front of me.

I declined the queue jumping offer of priority vaccination for all healthcare workers in December 2020 and awaited my letter from NHS England in line with when my age group was called.

When I received the letter, I treated it with the utmost responsibility. I ensured I removed the cellophane window from the envelope before it was placed in the paper recycling sack.

AsTheQuoFlies

PI Member
Jan 21, 2021
The price of admittance. Never before have we witnessed such a phenomenon; the desperate need of previously sane (?) people to feel a self-righteous inclination to share personal health/medical procedure with anyone and everyone.

To be one of 'them' - the new pious, to feel included in the mob subsequent to group-think manipulation.

Weddings insisting any guests are vaccinated? An utter abhorrence, an obscenity feeling you have a right to insist family members and close friends (as it will be close contacts given restricted numbers on guests) have to be subjected to injection before being allowed stand in your vicinity. Formerly normal young individuals coercing personal health decisions on fellow young adults.