Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Hozier "Solidarity costs you nothing"

Karloff

PI Member
true - bland inoffensive and metrosexual. What has happened to good old machissmo? Oh i forgot the me to movement!!
It's in all the music the white male musicians make nowadays. All of it sounds flaccid and submissive and boring, lacking heart and vision.

While the black guys music is like a rape theme, full of violence, aggression and cockiness lacking all melody like the 3 chord rubbish the whites play only worse.

Funny, in the sixties the black acts were the ones making the delicate melodies and the white acts were all about machismo (though both had heart and melody).

Dublin 4

PI Member
OP
jpc

jpc

PI Member
Does he ever reflect that it's not all presumably one way,,?
Or is it just specific to a particular ethnicity?
Would he consider that he might be inflaming events.
Can he point out any positive aspects of the immigration experience to Ireland?
Or like his music is it all dirge and miserable?

Zosimus

PI Member
Solidarity to be worthy of the name must cost you something. Solidarity without common struggle and fellow-suffering is merely coalitionary egotism, because sacrifice is the foundation of all spiritual values.

Hozier is obnoxious preening Quaker scum. He is much taller than I am but I reckon I could crush him in a fair fight and God willing one day I will. His music is a genuine example of 'cultural appropriation', because he is a pale Wicklow man who appropriates the sexual themes of African American soul music while scorning and parodying the religious themes of that same music. He uses imagery from Coloured people spiritual songs and repurposes them to have romantic and sexual meanings: one of his songs for instance has lyrics about 'no grave being able to hold his body down' from returning to his girl, the imagery of course deriving from a Coloured people spiritual song about the resurrection. This is real condescension and disrespect for the black people.

This is a video characteristic of the odious sect which produced Hozier:

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Top Poster Of Month
It's in all the music the white male musicians make nowadays. All of it sounds flaccid and submissive and boring, lacking heart and vision.

While the black guys music is like a rape theme, full of violence, aggression and cockiness lacking all melody like the 3 chord rubbish the whites play only worse.

Funny, in the sixties the black acts were the ones making the delicate melodies and the white acts were all about machismo (though both had heart and melody).
Apparently White Pussy Loves that Stuff from the Blacks ! !

whyfillaw

PI Member
I'm delighted to say I had never heard of this Hozier nitwit before I saw this thread.
count yourself lucky, he is a jumped up "preacher of the GloboHomo ,LibRetard,Marxism, PinkoLeftist ,Layabout" who probably never did a hard day's work in his life, probably from a lower middle-class family background with high aspirations , and lives in a parallel universe to us "the Little People Not Leprechauns".He looks down his nose at us Little People Not Leprechauns and Preaches constantly like Mr.Bon****X and is one of the most "Irritating people alive" today.

Top Bottom