Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Hozier "Solidarity costs you nothing"

Esatdigiwank

PI Member
I first heard his Take Me To Church dirge played on the Aircoach from the airport. First impression - ‘ is the coach driver a lunatic fundamentalist headcase for having this song on’?

Last edited:

page61

PI Member
I first heard his Take Me To Church dirge played on the Aircoach from the airport. First impression - ‘ is the coach driver a lunatic fundamentalist headcase for having this song on’?

I thought it was a depressing piece of audio tripe when i heard it..and i said to myself, never again

page61

PI Member
I'm edging towards 40, and still house sharing with randomers. I worked my bollocks off in a very tough industry but house prices are beyond the reach of my earnings.
This snowflake probably never did a day's work in his life. He's protected by the system, because of his affluent background.
How dare this pansy call Irish people racist!! Absolute arsehole!!
Well said ..

blue velvet

PI Member
The report reads

"Hozier has issued a stark warning about the growing threat of "neo-fascism" – in Ireland and abroad – after the death of George Nkencho last week.

The Bray native took to Twitter to weigh in on the tragic episode, which has been the subject of huge debate after the 27-year-old died following six gunshots by Gardai in Dublin."

"Neo-fascism"! Really? I would be interested to learn more of Hozier's understanding of this.

I agree that there should be discussion about matters but it is difficult if there is only one official narrative accepted in this state and I am not sure that Hozier's idea of a debate would permit a diversity of views. I could be completely wrong, of course.

They seem to be more outraged by the so-called 'far right' saying that Nkencho was a criminal than the Guards shooting him to death, or indeed, his violence against other people.

Then again, this is fake outrage. More a quest for likes and validation on social media.

whyfillaw

PI Member
true - bland inoffensive and metrosexual. What has happened to good old machissmo? Oh i forgot the me to movement!!
This GloboHomo ,LibRetard is so spineless and gutless , he probably self -refers as a Cis-gender.
You know the type that want to be all things to all people and is so insecure he would leave the space for Sex on an application form Blank.
A person like that I would not like to go to war alongside me.I would be very nervous that he might chicken out "in the darkest hour when one needs nerve of steel to stay alive".

Top Bottom