How do we make a better world?

Nobody is born with hate, in my opinion, nobody is born with the desire to kill or destroy a fellow human being. (excusing the criminally insane!)

The Earth is a beautiful planet that is capable of supporting human life and all kinds of life but this does not stop humans from destroying the planet, each other and life around us.

What would it take for us to create a utopia, a planet that supports us all living in peace and harmony?

We spend Billions on WMD's if we diverted this money to helping the poor and starving we would create prosperity in the poorer parts of the world so what is stopping us from doing this?

Are humans a disease that cant be changed, or one day will we be living in the Star Trek Utopia ?

The Earth is a beautiful planet that is capable of supporting human life and all kinds of life but this does not stop humans from destroying the planet, each other and life around us.
I think that we should focus on making the island of Ireland better and then others can follow our example.

One of the first steps is to halt the spread of asphalt metropolis and preserve nature, as well as installing a system of government which is most conducive to the prosperity of our people.

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
I think that we should focus on making the island of Ireland better and then others can follow our example.

One of the first steps is to halt the spread of asphalt metropolis and preserve nature, as well as installing a system of government which is most conducive to the prosperity of our people.
That would surely require a standard level of migration into Ireland, something we can sustain whilst to allow modest growth.

In the UK they are now suggesting to start using so-called Green Belt land to provide homes and businesses for their booming population.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
First step would be to get real.

Man is predisposed towards war and man is predisposed towards cooperation. There's no "engineering" that away, it's a complete reading of what man is and it could never be otherwise. Both are healthy, necessary creative forces -- if properly channeled.

Man's future will be determined if he can channel his warlike nature through adventure sports, combat and motorsport. Sports in which there's a real chance of breaking your neck and where moments of authenticity can be attained.

And away from mechanised warfare between states with its potentiality of killing millions upon millions of people or where mankind is replaced with a mushroom cloud.

There is no silver bullet, so how about we give small, individual ideas which as a cumulation will help improve the world.

1. I'd ban plastic bags in their entirety.
Legalise hemp and make producers make bags and other materials with this material.
This will provide a source of employment for those in developing countries (allowing us to reduce foreign aid) and also clean the oceans (a little).
2. I'd also bring back drinking water fonts in public areas. When I was a kid, you could get free drinking water in every town centre, playground, school, hospital waiting room. They were removed and we were then reliant on plastic bottles of water. That's unsustainable and regressive

There is no silver bullet, so how about we give small, individual ideas which as a cumulation will help improve the world.

1. I'd ban plastic bags in their entirety.
Legalise hemp and make producers make bags and other materials with this material.
This will provide a source of employment for those in developing countries (allowing us to reduce foreign aid) and also clean the oceans (a little).
2. I'd also bring back drinking water fonts in public areas. When I was a kid, you could get free drinking water in every town centre, playground, school, hospital waiting room. They were removed and we were then reliant on plastic bottles of water. That's unsustainable and regressive
Of course hemp should be legalised.
But simply ending the tarriffs on African agricultural produce would do wonders for their economies.

African Farmers Are Condemned To Poverty By The Morally Repugnant EU, Says Brexit-Backing MP James Cleverly

James Cleverly branded European Union policy against Africa as “morally repugnant” as he set out why the UK should be able to secure its own trade deals with the continent.

The Braintree MP cited research showing that Germany makes more money from selling coffee than the whole of Africa as an example of the EU’s “protectionism”.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Nobody is born with hate, in my opinion, nobody is born with the desire to kill or destroy a fellow human being. (excusing the criminally insane!)

What would it take for us to create a utopia, a planet that supports us all living in peace and harmony?

We spend Billions on WMD's if we diverted this money to helping the poor and starving we would create prosperity in the poorer parts of the world so what is stopping us from doing this?

Are humans a disease that cant be changed, or one day will we be living in the Star Trek Utopia ?
I think the main thing is to allow ourselves to feel the sacred again. I got castigated here for suggesting that a mountain could be sacred and magical. When, in fact, the vast majority of human beings on this earth do believe that mountains are sacred. Unfortunately, it's those sick people who believe nothing is sacred who are now in possession of the world. Thus, our state can only get worse until such time as the majority take control again.

Great to see a positive post that encourages utopian thought.Where to start,the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.A much quoted part of the bible,probably the truest words ever written.So abolishing money could be the best action humanity could take.First we would need democracy in all nations and a world parliament.Grow up share is the way forward if we don't we could destroy ourselves.

I say this because money is only an invention,and isn't essential for human survival.A tool used by rulers to keep their subjects in line.I must say most successfully.A world without money is unbelievable for most people.It takes a leap of faith and imagination to get beyond the money mindset.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I say this because money is only an invention,and isn't essential for human survival.A tool used by rulers to keep their subjects in line.I must say most successfully.A world without money is unbelievable for most people.It takes a leap of faith and imagination to get beyond the money mindset.

A world without money would indeed be very desirable. As long as its really a world without money, and not simply a world without cash. A world without money means a world without private property. Only highly developed spiritual beings could make such a world work in the era of mass technology. Such beings would not contemplate abortion, or the extermination of any human beings just because they are too vulnerable to be able to speak for themselves.